Verify of Exchange Info. Store takes forever to run - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on Verify of Exchange Info. Store takes forever to run - Veritas Backup Exec ; Backing up MS Exchange Information Store. The backup runs at a reasonable rate eg. approx 400 MB/min but the verify runs at about 15 MB/min and takes several hours to complete. This happens every night. Agent Accelerator is installed. Anyone ...

  1. Verify of Exchange Info. Store takes forever to run

    Backing up MS Exchange Information Store. The backup runs at a reasonable
    rate eg. approx 400 MB/min but the verify runs at about 15 MB/min and takes
    several hours to complete. This happens every night. Agent Accelerator is
    installed. Anyone else come across this ?

  2. Re: Verify of Exchange Info. Store takes forever to run

    this is a good one.
    the agent accelerator has nothing to do with the verify.
    the verify operation is basically just reading the tape, calculating the
    crc's and comparing the computation to the value already written for that
    same data to the tape.
    it sounds as if the device is having a major problem seeking and finding
    media addresses.
    could be buffer overrun deal. try slowing down the max transfer rate to its
    lowest level. (either 5 or 10 mb/sec)
    5mb a sec would be 300mb/min but if it speeds total operation time you have
    your answer.
    ratchet the transfer rate up from there til you get diminishing returns.
    if this does not work......??????????????????

    "Karen Smith" wrote in message

    > Backing up MS Exchange Information Store. The backup runs at a reasonable
    > rate eg. approx 400 MB/min but the verify runs at about 15 MB/min and

    takes
    > several hours to complete. This happens every night. Agent Accelerator is
    > installed. Anyone else come across this ?

  3. Re: Verify of Exchange Info. Store takes forever to run

    Yes, pondering this issue myself. Straight NT file backups of non-exchange
    machines
    verify quickly, Exchange IS verify takes at least as long as the backup. I
    understand from the documentation, that the verify pass only looks at tape
    data, and makes no comparison to disk data, so........

    > Backing up MS Exchange Information Store. The backup runs at a reasonable
    > rate eg. approx 400 MB/min but the verify runs at about 15 MB/min and

    takes
    > several hours to complete. This happens every night. Agent Accelerator is
    > installed. Anyone else come across this ?

+ Reply to Thread