Exchange mailbox restore ok, but no data ? - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on Exchange mailbox restore ok, but no data ? - Veritas Backup Exec ; Accidently I deleted a mailbox. I made a new mailbox, and restored fra backup. In the Exchange Admin. I can see the size of the new restored mailbox (81 MB), but when I log on with the Outlook 2000 client, ...

  1. Exchange mailbox restore ok, but no data ?

    Accidently I deleted a mailbox. I made a new mailbox, and restored fra backup.
    In the Exchange Admin. I can see the size of the new restored mailbox (81
    MB), but when I log on with the Outlook 2000 client, no data is there ???

    Please respond ASAP

    Regards Jesper

  2. Re: Exchange mailbox restore ok, but no data ?

    Please provide us with version and build no. of your BackUpExec

    rgds
    Peter Schumann

    "Jesper MC" wrote:

    >Accidently I deleted a mailbox. I made a new mailbox, and restored fra backup.
    >In the Exchange Admin. I can see the size of the new restored mailbox (81
    >MB), but when I log on with the Outlook 2000 client, no data is there ???
    >
    >Please respond ASAP
    >
    >Regards Jesper

  3. Re: Exchange mailbox restore ok, but no data ?

    Backup Exec 7.3 Build 2371

    "Peter Schumann" wrote:

    >Please provide us with version and build no. of your BackUpExec
    >
    >rgds
    >Peter Schumann
    >

    >"Jesper MC" wrote:
    >>
    >>Accidently I deleted a mailbox. I made a new mailbox, and restored fra

    backup.
    >>In the Exchange Admin. I can see the size of the new restored mailbox (81
    >>MB), but when I log on with the Outlook 2000 client, no data is there ???
    >>
    >>Please respond ASAP
    >>
    >>Regards Jesper

  4. Re: Exchange mailbox restore ok, but no data ?

    We are having a similar problem here. Where a restore the dumps all the messages
    that are restored into the calendar folder for the user. Obviously you cannot
    see them as the calendar folder only displays calendar objects.

    If you do an "Advanced Find" from the client end and look for mail in the
    users mailbox, the messages may well be found in the calendar. You can then
    move the messages to the Inbox.

    If anyone can shed any light as to why this happens and the messages are
    not put into their original location by default it would be much appreciated.

    T.I.A

    Dave

    "Jesper MC" wrote:

    >Backup Exec 7.3 Build 2371
    >

    >"Peter Schumann" wrote:
    >>
    >>Please provide us with version and build no. of your BackUpExec
    >>
    >>rgds
    >>Peter Schumann
    >>

    >>"Jesper MC" wrote:
    >>>
    >>>Accidently I deleted a mailbox. I made a new mailbox, and restored fra

    >backup.
    >>>In the Exchange Admin. I can see the size of the new restored mailbox

    (81
    >>>MB), but when I log on with the Outlook 2000 client, no data is there

    ???

    >>>Please respond ASAP
    >>>
    >>>Regards Jesper

+ Reply to Thread