Reinstalling upgrade CD - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on Reinstalling upgrade CD - Veritas Backup Exec ; When you upgrade from 7.x to 8.0, you enter the upgrade serial number. The install program generates a new serial number from your 7.x serial number and the upgrade serial number. You should write down the new serial number and ...

  1. Re: Reinstalling upgrade CD

    When you upgrade from 7.x to 8.0, you enter the upgrade serial number. The
    install program generates a new serial number from your 7.x serial number
    and the upgrade serial number. You should write down the new serial number
    and use that for re-installing.

    Charles Villa
    remove the x's to email

    "Grant Hatter" wrote in message

    > Anyone know who to re-install the v8.0 upgrade CD if the server has been

    completely
    > reloaded? The problem is that my original version was for NT4.0 and won't
    > run on the newly loaded 2000 server. And the v8 upgrade won't install

    unless
    > it sees the previous version there. Anyone know what it looks for off the
    > v7 install so I can copy those files? Thanks!

  2. Reinstalling upgrade CD

    Anyone know who to re-install the v8.0 upgrade CD if the server has been completely
    reloaded? The problem is that my original version was for NT4.0 and won't
    run on the newly loaded 2000 server. And the v8 upgrade won't install unless
    it sees the previous version there. Anyone know what it looks for off the
    v7 install so I can copy those files? Thanks!

  3. Re: Reinstalling upgrade CD

    Call Tech support, give them your old S/N and your upgrade S/N and they'll
    give you a new S/N

    Todd

    > Anyone know who to re-install the v8.0 upgrade CD if the server has been

    completely
    > reloaded? The problem is that my original version was for NT4.0 and won't
    > run on the newly loaded 2000 server. And the v8 upgrade won't install

    unless
    > it sees the previous version there. Anyone know what it looks for off the
    > v7 install so I can copy those files? Thanks!

+ Reply to Thread