Backing up remote servers on domain - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on Backing up remote servers on domain - Veritas Backup Exec ; You need to purchase an Agent Accelerator license for each remote server you want to back up (workstations are free). I believe it costs about $700 for a 3-pack. Charles Villa remove the x's to email "Karen Arruejo" wrote in ...

  1. Re: Backing up remote servers on domain

    "Karen Arruejo" wrote in message

    > I upgraded Backup Exec 7.2 Single-server to Backup Exec 8.0 Multi-server

    > server edition hoping that I would be able to backup remore servers
    > on my domain. However, when I go to backup selections, I only am able to
    > choose workstations, and not server computers. I thought by upgrading to
    > the multi-server edition would fix this, but it hasn't. Am I doing
    > something wrong?

  2. Backing up remote servers on domain

    I upgraded Backup Exec 7.2 Single-server to Backup Exec 8.0 Multi-server to

    server edition hoping that I would be able to backup remore servers
    on my domain. However, when I go to backup selections, I only am able to
    choose workstations, and not server computers. I thought by upgrading to
    the multi-server edition would fix this, but it hasn't. Am I doing
    something wrong?

  3. Re: Backing up remote servers on domain

    If you did upgrade to multi server it should have 3 licenses for the agent
    accelerator. You should have serial number to install it.
    "Charles Villa" wrote in message
    > You need to purchase an Agent Accelerator license for each remote server

    you
    > want to back up (workstations are free). I believe it costs about $700

    for
    > a 3-pack.
    >
    > Charles Villa
    > remove the x's to email
    > "Karen Arruejo" wrote in message
    > >
    > > I upgraded Backup Exec 7.2 Single-server to Backup Exec 8.0 Multi-server

    > > server edition hoping that I would be able to backup remore servers
    > > on my domain. However, when I go to backup selections, I only am able

    > > choose workstations, and not server computers. I thought by upgrading

    > > the multi-server edition would fix this, but it hasn't. Am I doing
    > > something wrong?

+ Reply to Thread