Can we prioritize schedules? - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on Can we prioritize schedules? - Veritas Backup Exec ; Hi, Like to know if we could prioritize jobs such that if 2 job run at the same time on the same day, we can tell it to run Job 1 and skip Job 2. Can that be done? Best ...

  1. Can we prioritize schedules?

    Hi,

    Like to know if we could prioritize jobs such that if 2 job run at the same
    time on the same day, we can tell it to run Job 1 and skip Job 2. Can that
    be done?

    Best Regards
    Kelvin Wong
    Deutsche Bank AG (Aia Pacific Head Office)

  2. Re: Can we prioritize schedules?

    Since you control the schedules, how can that happen?

    If you want one job to start before the other, set it's start time 2
    minutes sooner.

    Kelvin Wong wrote:

    > Hi,
    >
    > Like to know if we could prioritize jobs such that if 2 job run at the same
    > time on the same day, we can tell it to run Job 1 and skip Job 2. Can that
    > be done?
    >
    > Best Regards
    > Kelvin Wong
    > Deutsche Bank AG (Aia Pacific Head Office)

  3. Re: Can we prioritize schedules?

    Yes with NSE and BENT 8.0 that is possible. You'd do this for example if
    you wanted to do a quarterly backup the 1st day of the quarter and wouldn't
    want another job to run.

    Todd

    "Kelvin Wong" wrote in message

    > Hi,
    >
    > Like to know if we could prioritize jobs such that if 2 job run at the

    same
    > time on the same day, we can tell it to run Job 1 and skip Job 2. Can that
    > be done?
    >
    > Best Regards
    > Kelvin Wong
    > Deutsche Bank AG (Aia Pacific Head Office)

+ Reply to Thread