Installation problems with Backup Exec 7.2 - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on Installation problems with Backup Exec 7.2 - Veritas Backup Exec ; OS: NT 4.0 with SP5, Backup Exec 7.2 Always during the installation process, the following error appears: "Could not start the Backup Exec 7.x Server service on \\xxxxx. Error 1068: The dependency service or group failed to start." Also "The ...

  1. Installation problems with Backup Exec 7.2

    OS: NT 4.0 with SP5, Backup Exec 7.2

    Always during the installation process, the following error appears: "Could
    not start the Backup Exec 7.x Server service on \\xxxxx. Error 1068: The
    dependency service or group failed to start." Also "The database specified
    does not exist" appears in the Event viewer. The installation will not continue.
    What is the problem?

    Please help

    Tim

  2. Re: Installation problems with Backup Exec 7.2

    "Tim" wrote:

    >OS: NT 4.0 with SP5, Backup Exec 7.2
    >
    >Always during the installation process, the following error appears: "Could
    >not start the Backup Exec 7.x Server service on \\xxxxx. Error 1068: The
    >dependency service or group failed to start." Also "The database specified
    >does not exist" appears in the Event viewer. The installation will not continue.
    >What is the problem?
    >
    >Please help
    >
    >Tim

    I am having this same problem with NT 4.0 SP6a. Did you ever solve your
    problem?

    Gayla

  3. Re: Installation problems with Backup Exec 7.2

    For the "database does not exist" see
    TechNote ID: 204260 at http://seer.support.veritas.com/tnotes/bewnt/204260.htm
    and
    TechNote ID: 192441 at http://seer.support.veritas.com/tnotes/bewnt/192441.htm

    Tim wrote:

    > OS: NT 4.0 with SP5, Backup Exec 7.2
    >
    > Always during the installation process, the following error appears: "Could
    > not start the Backup Exec 7.x Server service on \\xxxxx. Error 1068: The
    > dependency service or group failed to start." Also "The database specified
    > does not exist" appears in the Event viewer. The installation will not continue.
    > What is the problem?
    >
    > Please help
    >
    > Tim

+ Reply to Thread