This backup set may not contain any data. - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on This backup set may not contain any data. - Veritas Backup Exec ; Does anybody understand what this is telling me. I get this in the backup log file. It appears in the alerts even when data is being backed up from a machine. Any clarity would be appreciated. Thanks. Anthony...

  1. This backup set may not contain any data.

    Does anybody understand what this is telling me. I get this in the backup
    log file. It appears in the alerts even when data is being backed
    up from a machine. Any clarity would be appreciated. Thanks.

    Anthony

  2. Re: This backup set may not contain any data.

    What Version and Build are you running?

    The Build 2570 release notes state that this build "resolves" this
    issue.

    If you aren't on Build 2575, try down loading and installing that.

    Anthony wrote:

    > Does anybody understand what this is telling me. I get this in the backup
    > log file. It appears in the alerts even when data is being backed
    > up from a machine. Any clarity would be appreciated. Thanks.
    >
    > Anthony

  3. Re: This backup set may not contain any data.

    I had this when using 7.3 build 2570, when I upgraded to build 2575, the alert
    disappeared

    "Anthony" wrote:

    >Does anybody understand what this is telling me. I get this in the backup
    >log file. It appears in the alerts even when data is being backed
    >up from a machine. Any clarity would be appreciated. Thanks.
    >
    >Anthony

  4. Re: This backup set may not contain any data.

    What type of backup are you running. I get that message when I run differentials
    and I believe it is because some files haven't been changed so they haven't
    been backed up.

    Ken Putnam wrote:
    >What Version and Build are you running?
    >
    >The Build 2570 release notes state that this build "resolves" this
    >issue.
    >
    >If you aren't on Build 2575, try down loading and installing that.
    >
    >Anthony wrote:
    >
    >> Does anybody understand what this is telling me. I get this in the backup
    >> log file. It appears in the alerts even when data is being backed
    >> up from a machine. Any clarity would be appreciated. Thanks.
    >>
    >> Anthony

  5. Re: This backup set may not contain any data.

    Can anyone please list the URL where this can be downloaded?
    Thanks in advance!

    Gragg Vaill

  6. Re: This backup set may not contain any data.

    try
    http://support.veritas.com/ftp/files...NT_area_11.htm

    Gragg Vaill wrote:

    > Can anyone please list the URL where this can be downloaded?
    > Thanks in advance!
    >
    > Gragg Vaill

  7. Re: This backup set may not contain any data.

    Thanks...and now for another question; to go from 2371 tp 25 75 is an "all
    inclusive, single download" type of upgrade? or do I need to sort all of the
    available downloads and grab what is not already installed?
    Once again, thanks in advance!

    Gragg Vaill

    "Ken Putnam" wrote in message
    > try
    > http://support.veritas.com/ftp/files...NT_area_11.htm
    >
    > Gragg Vaill wrote:
    >
    > > Can anyone please list the URL where this can be downloaded?
    > > Thanks in advance!
    > >
    > > Gragg Vaill

  8. Re: This backup set may not contain any data.

    BNT73I03 Should be an all inclusive build 2575 download. (at 112 MB I
    would certainly hope so, wouldn't you?)

    Depending on what options you are running, you may want to look at
    the 7.3 patches, OFOFix, POST2575, and LEAPFIX

    Gragg Vaill wrote:

    > Thanks...and now for another question; to go from 2371 tp 25 75 is an "all
    > inclusive, single download" type of upgrade? or do I need to sort all of the
    > available downloads and grab what is not already installed?
    > Once again, thanks in advance!
    >
    > Gragg Vaill
    >
    > "Ken Putnam" wrote in message
    > > try
    > > http://support.veritas.com/ftp/files...NT_area_11.htm
    > >
    > > Gragg Vaill wrote:
    > >
    > > > Can anyone please list the URL where this can be downloaded?
    > > > Thanks in advance!
    > > >
    > > > Gragg Vaill

  9. Re: This backup set may not contain any data.

    I just tried to get to the link indicated,
    http://support.veritas.com/ftp/files...NT_area_11.htm
    but it tells me that the page cannot be found. Help! I am getting the "..this
    backup set may not contain any data..." error message also and we are at
    build 2371.

    Thanks,
    Jason

    Ken Putnam wrote:
    >BNT73I03 Should be an all inclusive build 2575 download. (at 112 MB I
    >would certainly hope so, wouldn't you?)
    >
    >Depending on what options you are running, you may want to look at
    >the 7.3 patches, OFOFix, POST2575, and LEAPFIX
    >
    >Gragg Vaill wrote:
    >
    >> Thanks...and now for another question; to go from 2371 tp 25 75 is an

    "all
    >> inclusive, single download" type of upgrade? or do I need to sort all

    of the
    >> available downloads and grab what is not already installed?
    >> Once again, thanks in advance!
    >>
    >> Gragg Vaill
    >>
    >> "Ken Putnam" wrote in message
    >> > try
    >> > http://support.veritas.com/ftp/files...NT_area_11.htm

  10. Re: This backup set may not contain any data.

    The downloads page is at
    http://support.veritas.com/ftp/files...uage_HRO_1.htm

    (URL may be wrapped)
    or from the BackupExec Product Home page at
    http://support.veritas.com/main_ddProduct_BEWNT.htm
    choose the lower right text box and click the link

    The files you want for the latest build of v7.3 - 2575 (a free upgrade from 2371)
    are
    BNT73I03
    POST2575
    SPANFIX
    MEDIA_FIX

    Jason Alden wrote:

    > I just tried to get to the link indicated,
    > http://support.veritas.com/ftp/files...NT_area_11.htm
    > but it tells me that the page cannot be found. Help! I am getting the "..this
    > backup set may not contain any data..." error message also and we are at
    > build 2371.
    >
    > Thanks,
    > Jason
    >
    > Ken Putnam wrote:
    > >BNT73I03 Should be an all inclusive build 2575 download. (at 112 MB I
    > >would certainly hope so, wouldn't you?)
    > >
    > >Depending on what options you are running, you may want to look at
    > >the 7.3 patches, OFOFix, POST2575, and LEAPFIX
    > >
    > >Gragg Vaill wrote:
    > >
    > >> Thanks...and now for another question; to go from 2371 tp 25 75 is an

    > "all
    > >> inclusive, single download" type of upgrade? or do I need to sort all

    > of the
    > >> available downloads and grab what is not already installed?
    > >> Once again, thanks in advance!
    > >>
    > >> Gragg Vaill
    > >>
    > >> "Ken Putnam" wrote in message

+ Reply to Thread