Same problem here. BE 7.3 (build 2570) multi-server. NT 4 SP5
Backups work fine but there is NOTHING on the Restore Selections tab.
Cataloging
tapes doesn't help. Can't say for sure it's Y2K related as we didn't
look
at Restore Selections until yesterday (Jan 10).

If anyone has this problem and works around it, PLEASE post here and
e-mail
me. Thanks!

"Jason Fyfe" wrote:
>Anyone else having this problem? Check your "restore selections" to

see
if
>entries appear after Dec 31, 1999.
>
>The tech report states that "the catalogs are not displayed on the

Restore
>Selections tab of Backup Exec for Windows NT v7.3 when either:
>
>1. The Backup Exec service account is a backup operator and the user
>currently logged on is an administrator, or
>2. The Backup Exec service account is an administrator and the user
>currently logged on is a backup operator."
>
>This does not apply in my case because the backup exec service account

is
>administrator and I log in as administrator.
>
>The tape catalogue finally completed, but it didn't help. I am going

try
>and few more things including an update to the latest revision of BE7.3
>tonight. I will let you know if this solves the problem.
>

>"Derek Szrom" wrote in message
>>
>> Same problem here also, only I get NO catalogs showing at all...the

is
>tech
>> report #010-102986 that seems to address this issue but I have done

>everything
>> it says and still have the same problem
>> It has upgraded me to BE 7.3 rev. 2575 on WinNT 4.0 SP5.
>> As much as I would hate to admit it, I think it IS a Y2K

glitch...don't
>you
>> just hate it when the impossible actually happens to you?
>> The program does look like it is backing up, but the restore just

doesn't
>> list it. I also tried cataloging a tape (luckily mine only had 4gig

of
>info),
>> but that did nothing.
>>

>> "Jason Fyfe" wrote:
>> >I have just come across the same problem. Backups appear to be

working
>> >normally as indicated in the log files, but my restore selections

only
>show
>> >for the month of December. I need to restore some files from

January
5
>> and
>> >so far I cannot.
>> >
>> >I am currently trying to catalogue the tape but it is taking

forever.
It
>> >has been two hours now and it has only catalogued 4GB of about 25GB

on
an
>> >DLT IV tape. I have never seen such poor performance on the

drive...and
>> >nothing seems to be out of the norm otherwise on the server.

Related
or
>> >just a coincidence?
>> >
>> >I am using BE 7.3 (rev 2570) Multiserver Edition with Exchange and

SQL

> [...]

dont
>> >show
>> >restore.