How have you upgraded the Hardware.
Usering the same Haarddisks and Controllers and only more Memory and CPU
?
Or have you copied the Disks as "image" ?
Exchange is not very easy. You can find a "Exchange desaster recovery
Paper" on www.microsoft.com/exchange. You can learn a lot about rights,
service accounts etc.

I think you did:
Install a new server with same name and same software.
ANd now you want to restore single meilboxes or the Information store

But creating a new machine creates a new Machine ID. If you createt a
new Domain, you have also new SIDs etc.
Please describe exactly, how you "upgraded" your hardware. There are to
many options. (And BackupExec is not the problem at the moment i think)