Heya Karen,

I had this exact problem with V 7.2. Unfortunatley I could not solve it
even though I belkieve I had the cascaded drive pool configured
correctly.
I did however have another idea (which worked out better in the end).
created two seperate backup jobs scheduled to run concurrently. I split
the data evenly between the two jobs and each one points to a separate
DLT
drive (you'll have to delete the drive pool you have put these drives
into
first). The backup now takes almost half the time it used to
take....result.

Hope this helps (as a workaround rather than a fix for your problem).

"Karen " wrote:

>I'm using Backup Exec V7.3 I have just added a second DLT drive. I set

my
>first drive priority to 1 and the second drive priorty to 5. The

problem
>is when I come in the next day the second tape drive does not

automatically
>start backing up until I respond to the Alert that says Plese remove

media
>fron tape drive. Once I hit OK and pull handle to eject the tape from

the
>first drive the 2nd tape drive starts to backup. Any ideas would be

appreciated.