We are running BE 7.0 on a WinNT SBS 4.5 machine. We have had no
problems
with BE up to the beginning of last week when BE suddenly started
reporting
that the backup status was "Failed" which is very odd seeing as the
documentation only describes completed job statuses of "Successful",
"Aborted" and "Error".

When looking through the BE log file for any of the backups performed
during
the week I am unable to determine what has caused the error. The 4
drives
that BE has backed up have the usual array of files skipped because they
are
currently open. And the verify reports that there are 0 file differences
between the backed up files and the files on disk.

Why is BE reporting the jobs have failed?

Thanks in advance for any clarification of this mysterious happening.

Ryan van der Wielen
Anne Gray Associates Limited
17 St George Street
London