Mishka was right on with this one. It was a conflict between
InstallShield
and the MS Intellipoint drivers. As soon as I disabled MS Wheel and ran
the setup, everything went smoothly.

The setup program we were using to install agents was utilizing a 16-bit
version of InstallShield - probably InstallShield Express v2.03. This
is
where the problem came from. My understanding is that later versions
did
correct this issue - the fact that I ended up with an earlier version in
the setup program was just luck I suppose...

Steven Bennett wrote:
>If it *is* an issue with InstallShield, it's long since been fixed. We

use
>InstallShield 5.5 for our installers and never have any problems like

this.

>-->Steve Bennett
>
>Mishka wrote:
>>
>> As I have found out this is a problem with the install sheild
>> part of the installation. I do not know where, but there is a

article
>> on
>> install sheild's web site about a conflict between install sheild and
>> MSWheel
>> or MS Intellepoint mouse drivers. To corect this the easiest thing

is
>> reboot your 98 box in safe mode. Then install the agent. You can
>> also remove
>> all the intellepoint drivers and SW but this seems hanious at best.
>> If you
>> do though, you can reinstall the SW after you install the agent and
>> reboot
>> in normal mode.
>>
>> "Ryan Bolender" wrote:
>> >
>> >I am running Backup Exec v7.2 on an NT 4.0 server and am attempting

>> to get
>> >agents installed on all client PC's. Most of the installations went

>> without
>> >incident and showed up on the server side. However, the

installation
>> has
>> >failed for some reason on a few others. The failure occurs almost

as