Dan,

As far as I'm concerned, you can't go wrong with HP drives. I've been
running
an assortment of HP DDS drives for quite some time now (the oldest is
probably
3 years). Outside of running the cleaning tape every once and again,
I've
never had any problems. No damaged or unreadable tapes, no hardware
failures,
nothing. Installation is a snap, too.

I don't currently use any autoloaders at my location, but I have several
colleagues who swear by them. Hope this helps.