Hi,
In regards to the files being skipped, I think the problem might be that
you are doing a full backup of the drive (in our case e$) in which
Exchange
is installed. The .edb files are a form of databases, pub.edb being the
public
information store and priv.edb being the private information store. He's
how we fixed the same problem. Under job selections (in BENT) and under
the
computer name and drive where Exchange is installed, remove the check
under
the folder \exchsrvr (you should also see three folders in here called
\dsadata,
\mdbdata, and mtadata.) Now make sure a check is placed next to the
Microsoft
Exhange Directory, Microsoft Exchange Information Store, and the
Mailboxes
folders.
Hope this helps,
Mitch