I am having similar problems too. Veritas support has not been of
assistance.
Our problems started with a bengine error. We have tried to remove
Backup
Exec, reinstall NT SP5, update MDAC, and reinstall Backup Exec. But
there
are still problems. (One similar factor in all our problems is the use
of
a DLT tape drive???) Each day, I have to stop all services in order to
get
the tape out of the drive. Up until the beginning of this month Backup
Exec
was working flawlessly - but now nothing will fix it.

I believe the problem could be related to MDAC and ODBC????

"Chuck Elbel" wrote:

>To Janeen and Kathy,
>
> We have a Compaq 1850 with 8 Compaq DLT 35/70 drives running
>v7.3 build 2575, upgraded from v7.2 then v7.3 2570, experiencing
>the same problems when using the BE Agent Accelerator on the
>clients. We are backing up numerous servers that are attached
>to a Compaq StorageWorks box - around 500GB total. One server
>takes about 14 hours to backup without the BEAA. A real
>frustrating situation if the job fails at 13 hours and 59
>minutes into it.
>
> I've applied every recommended fix from Veritas and have had
>no success. There doesn't seem to be any hardware similarities
>here that we can attribute it to.
>
> The restarting of the BE Job Engine service will get things
>running again.... but again.... these jobs take too long to make
>that a workaround. I'm starting to think ArcServe about now....
>
>===================
>Chuck Elbel
>BFGoodrich Aerospace
>Aerostructures Group
>celbel@aerostructures.bfg.com
>Phone/Fax (619) 691-2149
>

>"Janeen Carter" wrote:
>>
>>Kathy, we're running v7.3, and upgraded from revision 2570 to
>>2575 on a Dell 6300 server with a single DLT7000 tape drive
>>attached to the server. With both revisions we are having the
>>same problem. I discovered that the Dr. Watson occurs when the
>>Agent Accelerator is running. However, I am able to restart the
>>Job Engine service and rerun the job without rebooting the server.
>>The job will complete, but will take much longer without Agent
>>Accelerator running. This is our workaround until finding a
>>solution to the problem.
>>

>>"Kathy Fernandez" wrote:
>>>
>>>I upgraded from v7.1 to v7.3 on a proliant 5000 with two 15

cartridge
>DLT
>>>libraries. Since then I have been receiving Dr. Watson errors

referencing
>>>the bengine.exe file. I installed revision 2575 yesterday, still

happens.
>>>This does stop the service and no backups will run until the server

is