I-m trying to create a rescue diskette for the Linux client. The idea
is
since we boot from the rescue disk, none of the file in the HD are in
use.
I boot from the rescue disk, format the HD and now I'm trying to run
the
BE Unix agent. It stops with an error that it cannot resolve a
hostname.

I have checked, everything I know how and it still will not resolve even
the machine name. Other utilities like ping, telnet, and ftp works file
using hostnames.

I tried setting the client and BE server using IP but it still fails
trying
to resolve the name of the BE server.

Any idea why it will not resolve the hostname?

Here is the debug listing from the client:

/agent.be: Using configuration file: testclient.cfg
Config File Workstation Name=testclient
Mangled Workstation Name=TESTCLIENT
exporting /tmp/root as root
advertising to ompprmaobi911
interval between advertisements is 30
Backup Exec -- Unix Agent, Version 5.01 Revision 5.011
Copyright 1999 VERITAS Software Corporation. All Rights Reserved.
max concurrent sessions is 4
Set_Config_Params: grfs_object_buffer_size=31744
/agent.be: Agent configuration OK.
/agent.be: Workstation Name: "TESTCLIENT"
1376: NRL TCP SPECIFIC
1376: Opening TLI device /dev/tcp
1376: Initializing Advertisement Sending Process
Unable to get host address for ompprmaobi911
NRLInit: net/service address not found for ompprmaobi911/grfs
FindAdvertisementReceivers failed
1376: Inside RemoveNRL
1376: removing local resources
1376: removing remote resources
1376: Waiting for NRL child processes to complete
1376: All child processes have now completed
1376: NRLInitialize returning 64496
/agent.be: Communication System Failure:
NRL initialization failed.
1376: Inside RemoveNRL
1376: removing local resources
1376: removing remote resources
1376: Waiting for NRL child processes to complete
1376: All child processes have now completed

Saludos,
Orlando

Orlando M. Amador
oamador@obipr.jnj.com