Of course they are more current at McAffee. The point is the "antivirus
update"
button on BE 7.3 doesn't use McAffee's website, it uses veritas' own
website.
How many people push this button and blindly assume the defs are up to
date?
Besides, manually updating the antivirus defs for BE 7.3 is a big
hassle.

"Allan Snow" wrote:

>Download the files from McAfee and you will be more up to date.
>

>"Joost Korpel, MCP" wrote:
>>
>>I just dutifully upgraded my virus definitions for BE 7.3 on 2-7-00.

One
>of
>>the servers I do a manual update of the antivirus definitions for BE

7.3
>>when I noticed the definitions have not changed since 12-31-99. The

file
>>is sbs19991231.cab. If I hadn't done a manual update I would have

never
>suspected.
>>I know McAffee updates the virus defs every week, so why is Veritas 2

months
>>out of date? Come on Veritas, I need better security then this. You

give
>>me such confidence that I just can't wait to dish out $11,000 to

upgrade