i back up servers whose registry is disposable, where only
the data is valuable.

Restoring everything from tape is not always quickest... i
have some machines we've found quicker to rebuild. I have
roughly 20 servers, and maybe half-a-dozen can't be
served as well with NT Backup.

"Ken Putnam" wrote in message
> One quick question.
>
> How do you backup a remote registry with NTBackup?
>
> I currently have 8 DLT drives backing up 28 servers. I'm not so sure
> that in my situtation sticking a DAT drive on each server would still
> work out cheaper. And it would substantially up the management time
> and effort.
>
> "t. davis" wrote:
>
> > it is outrageous. They not only change the licensing terms to where

it
will
> > be
> > significantly more expensive, but then they jack up the price of

each
> > license
> > substantially..
> >
> > hello, nt backup. They've crossed the point where it makes economic

sense.
> > It'll cost less to buy more DATs & use NT's built-in backup.
> >
> > you pay for it & they'll do it again. NT Backup works well, why not

use
it
> > on most of your servers... most of mine do not require the extra

bells &
> > whistles,
> > only a few out of 20 or so require what BE offers. So I'll be

spending
less
> > with
> > Veritas this time around than i've ever spent.
> >
> > "John Doe" wrote in message
> > >
> > > I just got my version 8.0 upgrade quote and it's $11,000
> > >
> > > About 3 times of what I paid for 7.3

upgrade.

(My
guess