SQL 7 "Drive not responding" error on media change - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on SQL 7 "Drive not responding" error on media change - Veritas Backup Exec ; I have 2 SQL Servers. One has been upgraded from 6.5 to 7. The other is still running 6.5. I don't have any problems backing up the 6.5 server, but the 7.0 server has given me problems since I upgraded ...

  1. SQL 7 "Drive not responding" error on media change

    I have 2 SQL Servers. One has been upgraded from 6.5 to 7. The other is
    still running 6.5. I don't have any problems backing up the 6.5 server,
    but the 7.0 server has given me problems since I upgraded it. I am running
    BE 7.3 Build 2575 with all the patches installed on a dedicated backup server.
    I seemed to have been able to work out all of the problems except the problem
    "Drive not responding--Backup set aborted", when a media change occurs...
    The backup completes successfully if no media change occurs during the backup.
    As I said I have installed the Spanfix patch. I have attached, below, the
    backup results from the last occurance of this problem....Anyone have any
    ideas???
    Performing Agent Accelerated backup

    Media Name: "Media created 02/10/00 05:40:08 PM"
    Backup of "IMAGE_SERVER "
    Backup set #14 on storage media #2
    Backup set description: "NT/NW Servers - S1 Mag2"
    Backup Type: DATABASE - Back Up Entire Database
    Backup started on 2/10/00 at 9:49:05 PM.

    Drive and media information from media mount:
    Changer Name: EXABYTE 0
    Drive Name: EXABYTE 0
    Media Slot: 3
    Media Cartridge Label: Set1 - Mag2 - Tape3
    Targeted Media Set Name: Media Set 1 - Mag 2
    Backup set #14 on storage media #3
    Drive is not responding. Backup set aborted.

    Backup completed on 2/10/00 at 11:00:25 PM.
    Backed up 6 database(s)
    Processed 573,894,736 bytes in 1 hour, 5 minutes, and 29 seconds.
    Throughput rate: 8.4 MB/min

  2. Re: SQL 7 "Drive not responding" error on media change

    Hello
    I have the same problem since the agent accelerator is installed on my sql6.5
    server.
    Did you find a solution to yourproblem
    Thank you
    Ferlay

    "M. Alford" wrote:

    >I have 2 SQL Servers. One has been upgraded from 6.5 to 7. The other is
    >still running 6.5. I don't have any problems backing up the 6.5 server,
    >but the 7.0 server has given me problems since I upgraded it. I am running
    >BE 7.3 Build 2575 with all the patches installed on a dedicated backup server.
    > I seemed to have been able to work out all of the problems except the problem
    >"Drive not responding--Backup set aborted", when a media change occurs...
    >The backup completes successfully if no media change occurs during the backup.
    > As I said I have installed the Spanfix patch. I have attached, below,

    the
    >backup results from the last occurance of this problem....Anyone have any
    >ideas???
    >Performing Agent Accelerated backup
    >
    >Media Name: "Media created 02/10/00 05:40:08 PM"
    >Backup of "IMAGE_SERVER "
    >Backup set #14 on storage media #2
    >Backup set description: "NT/NW Servers - S1 Mag2"
    >Backup Type: DATABASE - Back Up Entire Database
    >Backup started on 2/10/00 at 9:49:05 PM.
    >
    >Drive and media information from media mount:
    >Changer Name: EXABYTE 0
    >Drive Name: EXABYTE 0
    >Media Slot: 3
    >Media Cartridge Label: Set1 - Mag2 - Tape3
    >Targeted Media Set Name: Media Set 1 - Mag 2
    >Backup set #14 on storage media #3
    >Drive is not responding. Backup set aborted.
    >
    >Backup completed on 2/10/00 at 11:00:25 PM.
    >Backed up 6 database(s)
    >Processed 573,894,736 bytes in 1 hour, 5 minutes, and 29 seconds.
    >Throughput rate: 8.4 MB/min

+ Reply to Thread