failed backup - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on failed backup - Veritas Backup Exec ; getting failed backup when scheduled backup is set to run message reads: unreconized media this happens to any tape put in tape drive(new or used) log file asks to erase tape but this doesnt work either. any ideas?...

  1. failed backup

    getting failed backup when scheduled backup is set to run
    message reads: unreconized media
    this happens to any tape put in tape drive(new or used)
    log file asks to erase tape but this doesnt work either.
    any ideas?

  2. Re: failed backup

    I have a SDT9000 Sony tape drive and that suddenly started happening to me
    after several months of working fine. I had to update to the latest Veritas
    driver for that model and that solved all my problems. Hope it helps.
    "martin bard" wrote:

    >getting failed backup when scheduled backup is set to run
    >message reads: unreconized media
    >this happens to any tape put in tape drive(new or used)
    >log file asks to erase tape but this doesnt work either.
    >any ideas?

+ Reply to Thread