We're backing up our local server, plus a UNIX machine (Intel Solaris 5.7).
The UNIX machine is running the Veritas agent, and about 60-70% of the time,
the backup job on this agent-enabled machine fails without explanation. Is
there something about unix file permissions, or NFS-mounted volumes (one
of which is part of the backup set) that we don't know about that leads to
flaky performance? Naturally, Veritas' tech notes don't cover UNIX-related
pitfalls surrounding "Drive is not responding. Backup set aborted" errors.

Any help GREATLY appreciated, as this intermittent error is driving me bananas.