Clock Out of Synch on Remote Administrator - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on Clock Out of Synch on Remote Administrator - Veritas Backup Exec ; I've encountered a strange situation where an NT Workstation running the BENT Remote Administrator shows the current time as being 3 hours faster (3 pm shows as 6 pm) than what the NT Server running BENT 7.3 shows. The system ...

  1. Clock Out of Synch on Remote Administrator

    I've encountered a strange situation where an NT Workstation running
    the BENT Remote Administrator shows the current time as being 3 hours
    faster (3 pm shows as 6 pm) than what the NT Server running BENT 7.3
    shows. The system clocks on the two NT machines show the same time
    and are set for the same time zone. All the backup jobs run at the
    correct time. It's just very annoying to have to adjust the time in
    my mind for each backup job as I schedule and monitor backup jobs. I
    can't find any place in BENT to change the time.

    Any insights or suggestions?

    Thanks.
    Ben Han
    bhan@siemens-hearing.com

  2. Re: Clock Out of Synch on Remote Administrator

    I used to have similar problems. I run SQL transaction dumps at 12:00, 3:00,
    6:00, and 9:00, but Remote Admin on my Workstation shows one hour earlier,
    ie 11, 2, 5, 8. The clock on both machines are identical and they are in one
    time zone. The problem was gone after I upgraded from v. 7.2 to 7.3. Maybe
    you can try to reinstall BENT?

    "Ben Han" wrote in message
    news:388f4635.792608660@news.support.veritas.com.. .
    > I've encountered a strange situation where an NT Workstation running
    > the BENT Remote Administrator shows the current time as being 3 hours
    > faster (3 pm shows as 6 pm) than what the NT Server running BENT 7.3
    > shows. The system clocks on the two NT machines show the same time
    > and are set for the same time zone. All the backup jobs run at the
    > correct time. It's just very annoying to have to adjust the time in
    > my mind for each backup job as I schedule and monitor backup jobs. I
    > can't find any place in BENT to change the time.
    >
    > Any insights or suggestions?
    >
    > Thanks.
    > Ben Han
    > bhan@siemens-hearing.com