Error: NEWFS_BAD_ATTACH_TO_SERVER - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on Error: NEWFS_BAD_ATTACH_TO_SERVER - Veritas Backup Exec ; Currently running Backup Exec 7.0 with SQL Agent Module on NT 4.0 Service Patch 6a (running locally on SQL server). I recently upgraded SQL 6.5 to SQL 7.0 and migrated databases. Does Backup Exec 7.0 support SQL 7.0 databases (I ...

  1. Error: NEWFS_BAD_ATTACH_TO_SERVER

    Currently running Backup Exec 7.0 with SQL Agent Module on NT 4.0 Service
    Patch 6a (running locally on SQL server). I recently upgraded SQL 6.5 to
    SQL 7.0 and migrated databases. Does Backup Exec 7.0 support SQL 7.0 databases
    (I know it supports 6.0 & 6.5). Now receiving error message: NEWFS_BAD_ATTACH_TO_SERVER.
    In job selection list, can't select "Microsoft SQL Server". Any suggestions?

  2. Re: Error: NEWFS_BAD_ATTACH_TO_SERVER

    No.

    You must upgrade to V7.3 to do SQL V7 backups.

    Stephanie Tripp wrote:

    > Currently running Backup Exec 7.0 with SQL Agent Module on NT 4.0 Service
    > Patch 6a (running locally on SQL server). I recently upgraded SQL 6.5 to
    > SQL 7.0 and migrated databases. Does Backup Exec 7.0 support SQL 7.0 databases
    > (I know it supports 6.0 & 6.5). Now receiving error message: NEWFS_BAD_ATTACH_TO_SERVER.
    > In job selection list, can't select "Microsoft SQL Server". Any suggestions?

  3. Re: Error: NEWFS_BAD_ATTACH_TO_SERVER

    SQL 7.0 is not supported with BE 7.0. You need BE 7.3 to support SQL 7 (or
    7.2, I think).

    Todd

    "Stephanie Tripp" wrote in message

    > Currently running Backup Exec 7.0 with SQL Agent Module on NT 4.0 Service
    > Patch 6a (running locally on SQL server). I recently upgraded SQL 6.5 to
    > SQL 7.0 and migrated databases. Does Backup Exec 7.0 support SQL 7.0

    databases
    > (I know it supports 6.0 & 6.5). Now receiving error message:

    NEWFS_BAD_ATTACH_TO_SERVER.
    > In job selection list, can't select "Microsoft SQL Server". Any

    suggestions?

  4. Re: Error: NEWFS_BAD_ATTACH_TO_SERVER

    V7.2 had the slight problem of not being able to backup the local
    SQL data unless SQL ran as a system account, which means that
    you can't use SQLMail.

    'Course, I don't know where you'd find 7.2 any more. 7.3 has been
    out for what, 3 months now?

    "Todd E. Toles" wrote:

    > SQL 7.0 is not supported with BE 7.0. You need BE 7.3 to support SQL 7 (or
    > 7.2, I think).
    >
    > Todd
    >
    > "Stephanie Tripp" wrote in message
    > >
    > > Currently running Backup Exec 7.0 with SQL Agent Module on NT 4.0 Service
    > > Patch 6a (running locally on SQL server). I recently upgraded SQL 6.5 to
    > > SQL 7.0 and migrated databases. Does Backup Exec 7.0 support SQL 7.0

    > databases
    > > (I know it supports 6.0 & 6.5). Now receiving error message:

    > NEWFS_BAD_ATTACH_TO_SERVER.
    > > In job selection list, can't select "Microsoft SQL Server". Any

    > suggestions?

  5. Re: Error: NEWFS_BAD_ATTACH_TO_SERVER

    Actually since June 1st, believe it or not.

    "Ken Putnam" wrote in message
    > V7.2 had the slight problem of not being able to backup the local
    > SQL data unless SQL ran as a system account, which means that
    > you can't use SQLMail.
    >
    > 'Course, I don't know where you'd find 7.2 any more. 7.3 has been
    > out for what, 3 months now?
    >
    > "Todd E. Toles" wrote:
    >
    > > SQL 7.0 is not supported with BE 7.0. You need BE 7.3 to support SQL 7

    (or
    > > 7.2, I think).
    > >
    > > Todd
    > >
    > > "Stephanie Tripp" wrote in message
    > > >
    > > > Currently running Backup Exec 7.0 with SQL Agent Module on NT 4.0

    Service
    > > > Patch 6a (running locally on SQL server). I recently upgraded SQL 6.5

    > > > SQL 7.0 and migrated databases. Does Backup Exec 7.0 support SQL 7.0

    > > databases
    > > > (I know it supports 6.0 & 6.5). Now receiving error message:

    > > NEWFS_BAD_ATTACH_TO_SERVER.
    > > > In job selection list, can't select "Microsoft SQL Server". Any

    > > suggestions?

+ Reply to Thread