How many hours is the limit for a tpae to be used? - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on How many hours is the limit for a tpae to be used? - Veritas Backup Exec ; Hi, I have some DAT DDS2 4 GB tapes that I have been using for 2 years or so equaling around 150 hours of usage time. How many hours is the limit for a tape to be used? Am I ...

  1. How many hours is the limit for a tpae to be used?

    Hi,
    I have some DAT DDS2 4 GB tapes that I have been using for 2 years or so
    equaling around 150 hours of usage time.

    How many hours is the limit for a tape to be used?

    Am I close to needing to replace these or way past due?
    Thanks for the help

  2. Re: How many hours is the limit for a tpae to be used?

    Open the media tab, select one of the tapes, right click on the tape and
    select
    properties then statistics.

    If the number of errors remains low, you're probably OK. When the number
    of soft errors starts to climb, it's time to start planning the replacement,

    if you've got lots of hard errors, pitch 'em now.

    Robert Hansen wrote:

    > Hi,
    > I have some DAT DDS2 4 GB tapes that I have been using for 2 years or so
    > equaling around 150 hours of usage time.
    >
    > How many hours is the limit for a tape to be used?
    >
    > Am I close to needing to replace these or way past due?
    > Thanks for the help

+ Reply to Thread