Unable to administer remotely - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on Unable to administer remotely - Veritas Backup Exec ; Hi everyone, When running Backup Exec from a workstation, I get the following symptoms: 1. Connection with server failed 2. A "Connect to Server" dialog box. 3. Regardless of what user name / password I enter, I get the message ...

  1. Unable to administer remotely

    Hi everyone,
    When running Backup Exec from a workstation, I get the following
    symptoms:
    1. Connection with server failed
    2. A "Connect to Server" dialog box.
    3. Regardless of what user name / password I enter,
    I get the message "Password database error: Open failed."

    This only happens when I try to access Backup Exec from a
    workstation. Running it from the server poses no problems.
    I've e-mailed Veritas but have yet to receive a response.

    Any ideas?
    Thanks.

  2. Re: Unable to administer remotely

    See TechNote ID: 191159 and TechNote ID: 191573

    Ric Wall wrote:

    > Hi everyone,
    > When running Backup Exec from a workstation, I get the following
    > symptoms:
    > 1. Connection with server failed
    > 2. A "Connect to Server" dialog box.
    > 3. Regardless of what user name / password I enter,
    > I get the message "Password database error: Open failed."
    >
    > This only happens when I try to access Backup Exec from a
    > workstation. Running it from the server poses no problems.
    > I've e-mailed Veritas but have yet to receive a response.
    >
    > Any ideas?
    > Thanks.

  3. Re: Unable to administer remotely

    Is your workstation logged into the same domain as the BE server or is it
    logged in to itself, but accessing the domain across the network. We get the
    same problem when our Operators log in locally, rather than on to the
    domain. It's very twitchy about where you are and where you want to go.

    Ken McNulty

  4. Re: Unable to administer remotely

    If the server is in a non-trusted domain, you will have to supply a valid
    account in that domain when access BENT. Security wise, Veritas works with
    MS seamlessly. If you set up the backup domain trusting the domain where you
    are, it will be fine.

    "Ken McNulty" wrote in message
    > Is your workstation logged into the same domain as the BE server or is it
    > logged in to itself, but accessing the domain across the network. We get

    the
    > same problem when our Operators log in locally, rather than on to the
    > domain. It's very twitchy about where you are and where you want to go.
    >
    > Ken McNulty

+ Reply to Thread