SQL Backup Question - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on SQL Backup Question - Veritas Backup Exec ; When I chose the BACKUP DATABASE option, does that get the log files too, or do I have to use the BACKUP LOG to get it? Thanks. Josh =-=-=-=-=-= Joshua J Campbell A bus station is where a bus stops. ...

  1. SQL Backup Question

    When I chose the BACKUP DATABASE option, does that get the log files too, or
    do I have to use the BACKUP LOG to get it?

    Thanks.
    Josh

    =-=-=-=-=-=
    Joshua J Campbell

    A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops.
    On my desk I have a work station...

    Please send all responses to both me personally and to the newsgroup (Reply
    to All). Thank you.

  2. Re: SQL Backup Question

    "Backing Up Entire Database" backs up both databases and transaction logs.
    Be aware that it doesn't truncate log. The log may grow out of space if you
    have never dumped logs.

    "Joshua Campbell" wrote in message
    > When I chose the BACKUP DATABASE option, does that get the log files too,

    or
    > do I have to use the BACKUP LOG to get it?
    >
    > Thanks.
    > Josh

    > Joshua J Campbell
    >
    > A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train

    stops.
    > On my desk I have a work station...
    >
    > Please send all responses to both me personally and to the newsgroup

    > to All). Thank you.

+ Reply to Thread