"Drive is not responding" occasionally on Exchange backups - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on "Drive is not responding" occasionally on Exchange backups - Veritas Backup Exec ; Occasionally I get the "Drive is not responding. Backup set aborted." error when backing up the IS and DS of two different exchange servers. It only happens on occasion. Recently both exchange server IS and DS's failed. What's the most ...

  1. "Drive is not responding" occasionally on Exchange backups

    Occasionally I get the "Drive is not responding. Backup set aborted."
    error when backing up the IS and DS of two different exchange servers.
    It only happens on occasion. Recently both exchange server IS and
    DS's failed. What's the most common cause of this?

  2. Re: "Drive is not responding" occasionally on Exchange backups

    what errors show up in NT's event log? If you have any 1018's or
    anything like that, go to www.swinc.com immediately.
    & follow the instructions for the Ed Crowly Move Server Method.

    "Eric" wrote in message
    news:388dd69c.333520406@news.support.veritas.com.. .
    > Occasionally I get the "Drive is not responding. Backup set aborted."
    > error when backing up the IS and DS of two different exchange servers.
    > It only happens on occasion. Recently both exchange server IS and
    > DS's failed. What's the most common cause of this?

  3. Re: "Drive is not responding" occasionally on Exchange backups

    Eric:
    Try the Technote #191027 on the Veritas Support page...
    Seemed to cover what you are experiencing
    benn dunn

    Eric wrote in article
    <388dd69c.333520406@news.support.veritas.com>...
    > Occasionally I get the "Drive is not responding. Backup set aborted."
    > error when backing up the IS and DS of two different exchange servers.
    > It only happens on occasion. Recently both exchange server IS and
    > DS's failed. What's the most common cause of this?

+ Reply to Thread