NT Agent Accelerator? - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on NT Agent Accelerator? - Veritas Backup Exec ; Before I install this, I just wanted to get some feedback with regards to the NT Agent Accelerator. 1) How do I install the NT Agent Accelerator? Where is the file located? 2) Does it make that big of a ...

  1. NT Agent Accelerator?

    Before I install this, I just wanted to get some feedback with regards to
    the NT Agent Accelerator.

    1) How do I install the NT Agent Accelerator? Where is the file located?

    2) Does it make that big of a difference in a "across the LAN" backup?

    Thanks very much in advance!

    Charlie

  2. Re: NT Agent Accelerator?

    1) You can either push the NTAA from the server by re-running setup and
    choosing "Install Options on Other Servers", and following the prompts or
    you canb go to the remote machine and run setupaa.cmd from the
    i386\install\ntaa directory

    2) I see improvements of 100-150 % across a 100MB switched network
    when backing up servers, but nothing I do gets workstation backups
    much above 25-39 MB/Min
    Charlie Khanna wrote:

    > Before I install this, I just wanted to get some feedback with regards to
    > the NT Agent Accelerator.
    >
    > 1) How do I install the NT Agent Accelerator? Where is the file located?
    >
    > 2) Does it make that big of a difference in a "across the LAN" backup?
    >
    > Thanks very much in advance!
    >
    > Charlie

  3. Re: NT Agent Accelerator?

    I will affirm this...