Storage device "HP 1" reported an error on a request to write data to media. Error reported: File mark encountered. - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on Storage device "HP 1" reported an error on a request to write data to media. Error reported: File mark encountered. - Veritas Backup Exec ; Hello all! Hope someone out there can help me. We are running BackupExec v.6.11 on an NT server and I got this error last night. I haven't been able to find any information anywhere on what this means or how ...

  1. Storage device "HP 1" reported an error on a request to write data to media. Error reported: File mark encountered.

    Hello all!

    Hope someone out there can help me. We are running BackupExec v.6.11 on
    an NT server and I got this error last night. I haven't been able to find
    any information anywhere on what this means or how to fix it. Anybody have
    any idea what could cause this error?

    Thanks,
    -sr

  2. Re: Storage device "HP 1" reported an error on a request to write data to media. Error reported: File mark encountered.

    Try HP website. Look for the scsi driver. Windows NT standard
    driver will cause problems.
    Have you updated any NT Service Packs?

    HP has the driver you should need.

+ Reply to Thread