BENT trying to backup non-existent NetWare volumes - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on BENT trying to backup non-existent NetWare volumes - Veritas Backup Exec ; While backing up one of two NetWare 4.11 servers on the network we get error messages in the log file like this: ---------------------------------------------------------------------- The item was not found. ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ The item was not found. ^ ^ ...

  1. BENT trying to backup non-existent NetWare volumes

    While backing up one of two NetWare 4.11 servers on the network we get
    error messages in the log file like this:

    The item was not found.

    ^ ^ ^ ^ ^
    The item was not found.

    ^ ^ ^ ^ ^
    Unable to attach to CLARCOR1.NetWare File System/CLARCOR1/BE!!SYS:.
    The item was not found.

    ^ ^ ^ ^ ^
    Unable to attach to CLARCOR1.NetWare File System/CLARCOR1/BE!!SYS:.
    ^ ^ ^ ^ ^
    The item was not found.

    ^ ^ ^ ^ ^
    The item was not found.

    ^ ^ ^ ^ ^
    Unable to attach to CLARCOR1.NetWare File System/CLARCOR1/PAYROLL:.
    The item was not found.

    ^ ^ ^ ^ ^
    Unable to attach to CLARCOR1.NetWare File System/CLARCOR1/PAYROLL:.
    ^ ^ ^ ^ ^
    OFO: Started for device: "CLARCOR1.NetWare File System/CLARCOR1/QUEUES:"

    Performing Agent Accelerated backup

    The server in question (CLARCOR1) has these volumes:
    QUEUES:
    SYS:
    VOL1:

    The NetWare Server does have the NetWare Agent and OFO installed. The
    backup of the SYS: volume does complete (it shows up later in the log
    file as a successful backup). The PAYROLL volume is a volume this this
    server used to have. We have removed and re-added the server to the
    backup job. While selecting volumes to be backed up we have made sure
    that we are selecting the correct volumes (BE!!SYS and PAYROLL are not
    available selections). This problem has been happening for at least a
    few weeks. Backups of individual volumes have been fine.

    Another problem has just started happening this week (01/18/2000 and
    01/19/2000). It appears the server is ABENDing after finishing the SYS:
    volume and before starting VOL1: The ABEND.LOG shows:

    Server CLARCOR1 halted Tuesday, January 18, 2000 2:09:29 am
    Abend 1: Server-4.11a: Invalid semaphore number passed to kernel.

    Registers:
    CS = 0008 DS = 0010 ES = 0010 FS = 0010 GS = 0010 SS = 0010
    EAX = 00000F9F EBX = FFFFFFFF ECX = 65657246 EDX = 0001F3E3
    ESI = FB0C42C0 EDI = 089464D0 EBP = 00000001 ESP = 08929F84
    EIP = 00000000 FLAGS = 00000016

    Running process: SERVINST.NLM 2 Process
    Created by: SERVINST.NLM
    Stack pointer: 8929F74
    Stack limit: 8926010
    Scheduling priority: 0
    Wait state: 00

    Each ABEND had occurred at the same time of day and with the same error
    messages.

    Any ideas? Please let me know if there is any more information that
    would be helpful.

    Thanks,

    Robert Sanderson

  2. Re: BENT trying to backup non-existent NetWare volumes

    > While backing up one of two NetWare 4.11 servers on the network we get
    > error messages in the log file like this:
    > Any ideas? Please let me know if there is any more information that
    > would be helpful.
    >
    > Thanks,
    >
    > Robert Sanderson

    Try editting the job selections via the text option. It will list items
    that won't show up on the graphical display.

    -Shane

  3. Re: BENT trying to backup non-existent NetWare volumes

    Shane,

    Thanks! That did the trick.

    Bob

    Shane9 wrote:

    > Try editting the job selections via the text option. It will list items
    > that won't show up on the graphical display.
    >
    > -Shane

+ Reply to Thread