pvlsvr.exe takes up over 90% CPU - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on pvlsvr.exe takes up over 90% CPU - Veritas Backup Exec ; Hi, I run a dedicated backup server with BENT 7.3 multi server version. The server is extremely slow, I checked the server and found pvlsvr.exe takes over 90% of CPU usage. Does anyone know what does pvlsvr.exe do? Where can ...

  1. pvlsvr.exe takes up over 90% CPU

    Hi, I run a dedicated backup server with BENT 7.3 multi
    server version. The server is extremely slow,
    I checked the server and found pvlsvr.exe takes over
    90% of CPU usage.

    Does anyone know what does pvlsvr.exe do?
    Where can I check to see why pvlsvr.exe eats so much
    CPU?

    TIA

    Zhenhua

  2. Re: pvlsvr.exe takes up over 90% CPU

    pvlsrvr is the device and media service. Update MDAC as older versions had
    problems with memory leaks and other assorted issues.

    Todd

    "Zhenhua" wrote in message news:3883c892@hronntp01....

    > Hi, I run a dedicated backup server with BENT 7.3 multi
    > server version. The server is extremely slow,
    > I checked the server and found pvlsvr.exe takes over
    > 90% of CPU usage.
    >
    > Does anyone know what does pvlsvr.exe do?
    > Where can I check to see why pvlsvr.exe eats so much
    > CPU?
    >
    > TIA
    >
    > Zhenhua

  3. Re: pvlsvr.exe takes up over 90% CPU

    What is MDAC?

    If I am going to upgrade from the CD Ver 7.2 how do I do it? I found
    bnt73i03.exe on the web site. Should I also load bntdrv.exe? And
    Loader20.exe? Any others?

    Todd Toles wrote:

    > pvlsrvr is the device and media service. Update MDAC as older versions had
    > problems with memory leaks and other assorted issues.
    >
    > Todd
    >
    > "Zhenhua" wrote in message news:3883c892@hronntp01....
    > >
    > > Hi, I run a dedicated backup server with BENT 7.3 multi
    > > server version. The server is extremely slow,
    > > I checked the server and found pvlsvr.exe takes over
    > > 90% of CPU usage.
    > >
    > > Does anyone know what does pvlsvr.exe do?
    > > Where can I check to see why pvlsvr.exe eats so much
    > > CPU?
    > >
    > > TIA
    > >
    > > Zhenhua

  4. Re: pvlsvr.exe takes up over 90% CPU

    MDAC = Microsoft Data Access (i.e. ODBC, etc)

    Latest Can be found at http://www.microsoft.com/data

    > > > Hi, I run a dedicated backup server with BENT 7.3 multi
    > > > server version. The server is extremely slow,
    > > > I checked the server and found pvlsvr.exe takes over
    > > > 90% of CPU usage.
    > > >
    > > > Does anyone know what does pvlsvr.exe do?
    > > > Where can I check to see why pvlsvr.exe eats so much
    > > > CPU?
    > > >
    > > > TIA
    > > >
    > > > Zhenhua

+ Reply to Thread