Unable to update Virus Protection Files- BackupExec 7.2 - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on Unable to update Virus Protection Files- BackupExec 7.2 - Veritas Backup Exec ; After selecting "Tools/Update Virus Protection Files...", it fails, and the log reads: Start Virus Protection Files Update. Attempting to open an internet connection... Internet connection in progress... Unable to open an internet FTP connection. Virus Update aborted. This system is ...

  1. Unable to update Virus Protection Files- BackupExec 7.2

    After selecting "Tools/Update Virus Protection Files...", it fails, and the
    log reads:
    Start Virus Protection Files Update.
    Attempting to open an internet connection...
    Internet connection in progress...
    Unable to open an internet FTP connection. Virus Update aborted.

    This system is running WinNT Server 4.0 and Microsoft Proxy Server 2.0.
    Browsing with Internet Explorer works fine. Could it be that Veritas has
    changed their ftp site for these files?

  2. Solution found!

    I have just located the information stating that the process won't work through
    a Proxy server. I have also found the document regarding performing a manual
    update. This process works properly.

    "Willie McIntyre" wrote:

    >After selecting "Tools/Update Virus Protection Files...", it fails, and

    the
    >log reads:
    > Start Virus Protection Files Update.
    > Attempting to open an internet connection...
    > Internet connection in progress...
    > Unable to open an internet FTP connection. Virus Update aborted.
    >
    >This system is running WinNT Server 4.0 and Microsoft Proxy Server 2.0.

    >Browsing with Internet Explorer works fine. Could it be that Veritas has
    >changed their ftp site for these files?

+ Reply to Thread