Agent: OFO: Fails on Drive D: where all my files are. - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on Agent: OFO: Fails on Drive D: where all my files are. - Veritas Backup Exec ; I get OFO: a Win 32 Error occured. What should I look for? It seems to work on the C: drive and other servers.......

  1. Agent: OFO: Fails on Drive D: where all my files are.

    I get OFO: a Win 32 Error occured.

    What should I look for?

    It seems to work on the C: drive and other servers....

  2. Re: Agent: OFO: Fails on Drive D: where all my files are.

    What is the size of your D: drive?

    I am having the same issue, but am working on a couple fixes that I've
    gleened from this news list, as well as some hints from Veritas
    (unfortunately, that's all I get, are hints) and think it may be related to
    the size of my D: drive compared to the size of the C: drive...

    "Stargate" wrote in message
    > I get OFO: a Win 32 Error occured.
    >
    > What should I look for?
    >
    > It seems to work on the C: drive and other servers....

  3. Re: Agent: OFO: Fails on Drive D: where all my files are.

    C Drive is 2 GB.
    D Drive is 21.3 Gb.

    What information did they give you?

    Thanks

    "Bret Thomas" wrote in message
    > What is the size of your D: drive?
    >
    > I am having the same issue, but am working on a couple fixes that I've
    > gleened from this news list, as well as some hints from Veritas
    > (unfortunately, that's all I get, are hints) and think it may be related

    > the size of my D: drive compared to the size of the C: drive...
    >

    > "Stargate" wrote in message
    > > I get OFO: a Win 32 Error occured.
    > >
    > > What should I look for?
    > >
    > > It seems to work on the C: drive and other servers....

  4. Re: Agent: OFO: Fails on Drive D: where all my files are.

    Here's an excerpt of them message:

    ____________________________________

    Bret-

    In the OFO wizard, make sure you have adjusted the incremental and initial

    size of static volume, try 100 and 300 instead of 10 and 30.

    Sometimes, the problem is related to permissions on the drive that static

    volume is being created on, when in doubt try giving everyone, full control

    to troubleshoot.

    The last possibility, is a 3rd party application conflict- a call to tech

    support would be the only way to determine that, however.

    AND...

    Make sure you are properly licensed for OFO. Open File Option is a

    paid-for

    option, and requires one serial number per server. Also, make sure 10% of

    the capacity of the disk is free space. In control panel/services, of each

    machine you want OFO to protect, make sure that VNC Snapshot service is

    present and either automatic or manual in startup type.

    Please email back if you have already covered all these bases.

    "Stargate" wrote in message
    > C Drive is 2 GB.
    > D Drive is 21.3 Gb.
    >
    > What information did they give you?
    >
    > Thanks
    >
    > "Bret Thomas" wrote in message
    > > What is the size of your D: drive?
    > >
    > > I am having the same issue, but am working on a couple fixes that I've
    > > gleened from this news list, as well as some hints from Veritas
    > > (unfortunately, that's all I get, are hints) and think it may be related

    > > the size of my D: drive compared to the size of the C: drive...
    > >

    > > "Stargate" wrote in message
    > > > I get OFO: a Win 32 Error occured.
    > > >
    > > > What should I look for?
    > > >
    > > > It seems to work on the C: drive and other servers....

  5. Re: Agent: OFO: Fails on Drive D: where all my files are.

    Thanks,

    It works now.

    > Here's an excerpt of them message:

    message