On Hold (Failed) status - BENT 7.01, rev 1119 - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on On Hold (Failed) status - BENT 7.01, rev 1119 - Veritas Backup Exec ; Found that a location had not run backups in awhile, checked it out and everything seems OK. I can test the tape drive with NT Backup, inventory the tape in BE, but when a scheduled job tries to run, it ...

  1. On Hold (Failed) status - BENT 7.01, rev 1119

    Found that a location had not run backups in awhile, checked it out and everything
    seems OK. I can test the tape drive with NT Backup, inventory the tape in
    BE, but when a scheduled job tries to run, it flashes briefly, gives no visible
    alert, and changes the status to "On Hold (Failed)". Only change has been
    installation of SP5 on the server.
    Any ideas???

  2. Re: On Hold (Failed) status - BENT 7.01, rev 1119

    What does the job log for the failed job say?

    John Copeland wrote:

    > Found that a location had not run backups in awhile, checked it out and everything
    > seems OK. I can test the tape drive with NT Backup, inventory the tape in
    > BE, but when a scheduled job tries to run, it flashes briefly, gives no visible
    > alert, and changes the status to "On Hold (Failed)". Only change has been
    > installation of SP5 on the server.
    > Any ideas???

+ Reply to Thread