change overwrite protection period to expire early? - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on change overwrite protection period to expire early? - Veritas Backup Exec ; Is it possible to manually change the overwrite protection period and the append period on the media afer backup just to have it expire early? say I've set the overwrite protection period to 4 weeks when it should really be ...

  1. change overwrite protection period to expire early?

    Is it possible to manually change the overwrite protection period and the
    append period
    on the media afer backup just to have it expire early? say I've set the overwrite
    protection
    period to 4 weeks when it should really be just 2 weeks..
    any help would be appreciated!

    --Lexi^.^

  2. Re: change overwrite protection period to expire early?

    From the Admin Console

    choose the media tab
    right click on the media set that contains the tape that you want
    to change
    choose properties and change as approriate.

    This will change the complete medai set, not just the one tape.

    Lexi Liu wrote:

    > Is it possible to manually change the overwrite protection period and the
    > append period
    > on the media afer backup just to have it expire early? say I've set the overwrite
    > protection
    > period to 4 weeks when it should really be just 2 weeks..
    > any help would be appreciated!
    >
    > --Lexi^.^

+ Reply to Thread