Lost password - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on Lost password - Veritas Backup Exec ; I have a scheduled backup set that the password has been forgotton. In the backup file I have located the stored encrypted password and encryption key. Is there anyway of recovering the password from this information, or is the tape ...

  1. Lost password

    I have a scheduled backup set that the password has been forgotton. In the
    backup file I have located the stored encrypted password and encryption key.

    Is there anyway of recovering the password from this information, or is the
    tape lost forever?

    Please help. (if possible please email me at whaw@aberdare.co.za).

    Thanks for any help.

  2. Re: Lost password

    Nope, if you forget your password you can't recover the data. VERITAS
    support can't help you read the data either.... that's why it is very
    important NOT to forget that password ;-)

    Todd

    "Wayne" wrote in message news:387e0767@hronntp01....

    > I have a scheduled backup set that the password has been forgotton. In

    the
    > backup file I have located the stored encrypted password and encryption

    key.

    > Is there anyway of recovering the password from this information, or is

    the
    > tape lost forever?
    >
    > Please help. (if possible please email me at whaw@aberdare.co.za).
    >
    > Thanks for any help.