Veritas v7.3 - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on Veritas v7.3 - Veritas Backup Exec ; We had a site running Veritas v7.2 and completed the upgrade to v7.3. Before the upgrade the system was configured to backup all the Exchange mailboxes using the Exchange client, however after the upgrade we are now getting a message ...

  1. Veritas v7.3

    We had a site running Veritas v7.2 and completed the upgrade to v7.3. Before
    the upgrade the system was configured to backup all the Exchange mailboxes
    using the Exchange client, however after the upgrade we are now getting a
    message "Unable to atach to \\TANT\Microsoft Exchange Mailboxes"

    Same old story, nothing else has changed!!

    Any answers?

  2. Re: Veritas v7.3

    You may have entered the Exchange Service Account incorrectly during the
    upgrade. Go into Control Panel | Services and modify the login information
    on the appricable Backup Exec 7.x services. Start them and stop them. Then
    try again.

    BTW, it is not necessary to backup mailboxes with the Exchange Agent. When
    you just to the regular IS/DS backup, all of the mailboxes are backed up.
    The only thing the agent lets you do is backup/restore individual mailboxes.
    I don't know how big your GAL is, but the troughput on our backups drops to
    3 megs -- it would finish in Y3K.

    Hope this works out for you.

    Matt

    "Ross Fisher" wrote in message

    > We had a site running Veritas v7.2 and completed the upgrade to v7.3.

    Before
    > the upgrade the system was configured to backup all the Exchange mailboxes
    > using the Exchange client, however after the upgrade we are now getting a
    > message "Unable to atach to \\TANT\Microsoft Exchange Mailboxes"
    >
    > Same old story, nothing else has changed!!
    >
    > Any answers?

+ Reply to Thread