Checking version 7.0x - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on Checking version 7.0x - Veritas Backup Exec ; How can I tell the version on BackUp Exec for NT? Help - About : shows BackupExec for NT 7.00 rev 625 Thought I already loaded the 7.01 upgrade... I also have a CD-ROM that is supposed to be the ...

  1. Checking version 7.0x

    How can I tell the version on BackUp Exec for NT?
    Help - About: shows BackupExec for NT 7.00 rev 625
    Thought I already loaded the 7.01 upgrade...

    I also have a CD-ROM that is supposed to be the upgrade to 7.01?
    But it is not labeled as such - the CD-Rom shows a Part number of 14-02061-910
    60-00372-910 B
    Is this the right CD for the 7.01 upgrade?

    Would I be better off downloading from their web page?

    Thanks

  2. Re: Checking version 7.0x

    Go download the update to 7.0/7.01. It is build 1616. 7.00 build 625 is
    fairly old.

    Todd

    "Matt Reed" wrote in message news:387d0883@hronntp01....

    > How can I tell the version on BackUp Exec for NT?
    > Help - About: shows BackupExec for NT 7.00 rev 625
    > Thought I already loaded the 7.01 upgrade...
    >
    > I also have a CD-ROM that is supposed to be the upgrade to 7.01?
    > But it is not labeled as such - the CD-Rom shows a Part number of

    14-02061-910
    > 60-00372-910 B
    > Is this the right CD for the 7.01 upgrade?
    >
    > Would I be better off downloading from their web page?
    >
    > Thanks

  3. Re: Checking version 7.0x

    Todd - will the 7.00 Serial Numbers work with 7.01?
    TIA
    Matt

    "Todd E. Toles" wrote:
    Go download the update to 7.0/7.01. It is build 1616. 7.00 build 625 is
    fairly old.

    Todd

    >"Matt Reed" wrote in message news:387d0883@hronntp01....
    >>
    >> How can I tell the version on BackUp Exec for NT?
    >> Help - About: shows BackupExec for NT 7.00 rev 625
    >> Thought I already loaded the 7.01 upgrade...
    >>
    >> I also have a CD-ROM that is supposed to be the upgrade to 7.01?
    >> But it is not labeled as such - the CD-Rom shows a Part number of

    >14-02061-910
    >> 60-00372-910 B
    >> Is this the right CD for the 7.01 upgrade?
    >>
    >> Would I be better off downloading from their web page?
    >>
    >> Thanks

  4. Re: Checking version 7.0x

    Yep.
    Build 1616 is the last free upgrade for V7 users. Just don't run "setup".
    that will install V7.2 Instead run "setup -fsetup701.ins". That will accept
    all valid V7 serials.

    Matt Reed wrote:

    > Todd - will the 7.00 Serial Numbers work with 7.01?
    > TIA
    > Matt
    >
    > "Todd E. Toles" wrote:
    > Go download the update to 7.0/7.01. It is build 1616. 7.00 build 625 is
    > fairly old.
    >
    > Todd
    > >

    > >"Matt Reed" wrote in message news:387d0883@hronntp01....
    > >>
    > >> How can I tell the version on BackUp Exec for NT?
    > >> Help - About: shows BackupExec for NT 7.00 rev 625
    > >> Thought I already loaded the 7.01 upgrade...
    > >>
    > >> I also have a CD-ROM that is supposed to be the upgrade to 7.01?
    > >> But it is not labeled as such - the CD-Rom shows a Part number of

    > >14-02061-910
    > >> 60-00372-910 B
    > >> Is this the right CD for the 7.01 upgrade?
    > >>
    > >> Would I be better off downloading from their web page?
    > >>
    > >> Thanks

+ Reply to Thread