Restoring files to a moved exchange machine - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on Restoring files to a moved exchange machine - Veritas Backup Exec ; I have recently moved my exchange machine from one server to another- I have not upgraded the sofware- just the machine. I went to restore the mailboxes to the new machine and I'm unable to restore to this new machine. ...

  1. Restoring files to a moved exchange machine

    I have recently moved my exchange machine from one server to another- I have
    not upgraded the sofware- just the machine. I went to restore the mailboxes
    to the new machine and I'm unable to restore to this new machine. It gives
    me the following error:
    Unable to restore to directory\name of directory
    Access denied- unable to restore file\name of file

    I have checked all my permissions within backup and everything seems to be
    alright....... I am able to backup files on this machine------ I just cannot
    restore them! Is there anybody that has moved their exchange machine and
    has experienced these types of errors???? If so I would really appreciate
    any type of input.

    Najla Nichols
    MicroRam Electronics, Inc.
    813-854-5500

  2. Restoring files to a moved exchange machine

    How have you upgraded the Hardware.
    Usering the same Haarddisks and Controllers and only more Memory and CPU
    ?
    Or have you copied the Disks as "image" ?
    Exchange is not very easy. You can find a "Exchange desaster recovery
    Paper" on www.microsoft.com/exchange. You can learn a lot about rights,
    service accounts etc.

    I think you did:
    Install a new server with same name and same software.
    ANd now you want to restore single meilboxes or the Information store

    But creating a new machine creates a new Machine ID. If you createt a
    new Domain, you have also new SIDs etc.
    Please describe exactly, how you "upgraded" your hardware. There are to
    many options. (And BackupExec is not the problem at the moment i think)

+ Reply to Thread