Windows 200 Support - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on Windows 200 Support - Veritas Backup Exec ; What are the plans for Windows 2000 support for BackupExec. I am currently running v7.3 enterprise wide and am starting to work up upgrade plans for Windows 2000 and BackupExec is explitily not supported in this OS. It won't even ...

  1. Windows 200 Support

    What are the plans for Windows 2000 support for BackupExec. I am currently
    running v7.3 enterprise wide and am starting to work up upgrade plans for
    Windows 2000 and BackupExec is explitily not supported in this OS. It won't
    even load. Thanks to the Veritas programmers for at least checking the OS
    version before installing the software though!

    Ken Kerr

  2. Re: Windows 200 Support

    BENT 8.0 will be released around the time of the Windows 2000 official
    launch. It will have support for Win 2K. It's been in beta for awhile.

    Todd

    "Ken Kerr" wrote in message news:387cbc31@hronntp01....

    > What are the plans for Windows 2000 support for BackupExec. I am currently
    > running v7.3 enterprise wide and am starting to work up upgrade plans for
    > Windows 2000 and BackupExec is explitily not supported in this OS. It

    won't
    > even load. Thanks to the Veritas programmers for at least checking the OS
    > version before installing the software though!
    >
    > Ken Kerr

  3. Re: Windows 200 Support

    Thanks! I am running the official release of Win2k, we got the CD in our Microsoft
    Select set yesterday. I'll look for BE v8.

    Ken

    "Todd E. Toles" wrote:
    >BENT 8.0 will be released around the time of the Windows 2000 official
    >launch. It will have support for Win 2K. It's been in beta for awhile.
    >
    >Todd
    >

    >"Ken Kerr" wrote in message news:387cbc31@hronntp01....
    >>
    >> What are the plans for Windows 2000 support for BackupExec. I am currently
    >> running v7.3 enterprise wide and am starting to work up upgrade plans

    for
    >> Windows 2000 and BackupExec is explitily not supported in this OS. It

    >won't
    >> even load. Thanks to the Veritas programmers for at least checking the

    OS
    >> version before installing the software though!
    >>
    >> Ken Kerr

  4. Re: Windows 200 Support

    Ya know what's interesting....

    If you have BENT 7.3 (haven't tried it on a prev. ver.) RemoteAdmin installed
    on NT 4.0, and upgrade to Win2000 (official) RemoteAdmin runs just fine.

    -Don-

    "Ken Kerr" wrote:

    >Thanks! I am running the official release of Win2k, we got the CD in our

    Microsoft
    >Select set yesterday. I'll look for BE v8.
    >
    >Ken
    >
    >"Todd E. Toles" wrote:
    >>BENT 8.0 will be released around the time of the Windows 2000 official
    >>launch. It will have support for Win 2K. It's been in beta for awhile.
    >>
    >>Todd
    >>

    >>"Ken Kerr" wrote in message news:387cbc31@hronntp01....
    >>>
    >>> What are the plans for Windows 2000 support for BackupExec. I am currently
    >>> running v7.3 enterprise wide and am starting to work up upgrade plans

    >for
    >>> Windows 2000 and BackupExec is explitily not supported in this OS. It

    >>won't
    >>> even load. Thanks to the Veritas programmers for at least checking the

    >OS
    >>> version before installing the software though!
    >>>
    >>> Ken Kerr

+ Reply to Thread