Last Request before my last meal !!!!! - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on Last Request before my last meal !!!!! - Veritas Backup Exec ; I assume from the lack of response to my previous message that none of you out there can help me ! No worries, I must now go and find my handgun ! Charlie Previous message :- I know I know, ...

  1. Last Request before my last meal !!!!!

    I assume from the lack of response to my previous message that none of you
    out there can help me !

    No worries, I must now go and find my handgun !

    Charlie

    I know I know, this has been mentioned by numerous people before !

    However, I have tried all of the suggestions and I am still having problems
    with 3 of my NT Servers. Other servers work ok.

    All servers are in different domains, backup user exists in all domains with
    the same password.

    error message is as follows :-

    Unable to attach to \\NOTESHUB\C.
    The item was not found.

    ^ ^ ^ ^ ^
    Unable to attach to \\NOTESHUB\C.
    ^ ^ ^ ^ ^

    Any more ideas ?

    Charlie

  2. Re: Last Request before my last meal !!!!!

    No! don't do it!

    Seriously, have you tried connecting to the default share (\\NOTESHUB\C$)?

    Brian

    "Charlie Warner" wrote:

    >I assume from the lack of response to my previous message that none of you
    >out there can help me !
    >
    >No worries, I must now go and find my handgun !
    >
    >Charlie

    >I know I know, this has been mentioned by numerous people before !
    >
    >However, I have tried all of the suggestions and I am still having problems
    >with 3 of my NT Servers. Other servers work ok.
    >
    >All servers are in different domains, backup user exists in all domains

    with
    >the same password.
    >
    >error message is as follows :-
    >
    >Unable to attach to \\NOTESHUB\C.
    >The item was not found.
    >
    >^ ^ ^ ^ ^
    >Unable to attach to \\NOTESHUB\C.
    >^ ^ ^ ^ ^
    >

    >Any more ideas ?
    >
    >Charlie

  3. Re: Last Request before my last meal !!!!!

    Brian,

    At last somebody is out there !

    Yes I have, didn't work on the system shares so I tried user shares aswell.

    Any more ideas ?

    Charlie

    "Brian Schantz" wrote:

    >No! don't do it!
    >
    >Seriously, have you tried connecting to the default share (\\NOTESHUB\C$)?
    >
    >Brian
    >

    >"Charlie Warner" wrote:
    >>
    >>I assume from the lack of response to my previous message that none of

    you
    >>out there can help me !
    >>
    >>No worries, I must now go and find my handgun !
    >>
    >>Charlie

    >>I know I know, this has been mentioned by numerous people before !
    >>
    >>However, I have tried all of the suggestions and I am still having problems
    >>with 3 of my NT Servers. Other servers work ok.
    >>
    >>All servers are in different domains, backup user exists in all domains

    >with
    >>the same password.
    >>
    >>error message is as follows :-
    >>
    >>Unable to attach to \\NOTESHUB\C.
    >>The item was not found.
    >>
    >>^ ^ ^ ^ ^
    >>Unable to attach to \\NOTESHUB\C.
    >>^ ^ ^ ^ ^
    >>

    >>Any more ideas ?
    >>
    >>Charlie

  4. Re: Last Request before my last meal !!!!!

    Random stray thought:
    Have BackupExec log into DomainA and establish trust relationships with the
    other domains. IOW, have DomainB, DomainC, etc. trust DomainA. I've never
    tried to have BackupExec actually log into more than one domain.

    "Charlie Warner" wrote:

    >Brian,
    >
    >At last somebody is out there !
    >
    >Yes I have, didn't work on the system shares so I tried user shares aswell.
    >
    >Any more ideas ?
    >
    >Charlie
    >
    >"Brian Schantz" wrote:
    >>
    >>No! don't do it!
    >>
    >>Seriously, have you tried connecting to the default share (\\NOTESHUB\C$)?
    >>
    >>Brian
    >>

    >>"Charlie Warner" wrote:
    >>>
    >>>I assume from the lack of response to my previous message that none of

    >you
    >>>out there can help me !
    >>>
    >>>No worries, I must now go and find my handgun !
    >>>
    >>>Charlie

    >>>I know I know, this has been mentioned by numerous people before !
    >>>
    >>>However, I have tried all of the suggestions and I am still having problems
    >>>with 3 of my NT Servers. Other servers work ok.
    >>>
    >>>All servers are in different domains, backup user exists in all domains

    >>with
    >>>the same password.
    >>>
    >>>error message is as follows :-
    >>>
    >>>Unable to attach to \\NOTESHUB\C.
    >>>The item was not found.
    >>>
    >>>^ ^ ^ ^ ^
    >>>Unable to attach to \\NOTESHUB\C.
    >>>^ ^ ^ ^ ^
    >>>

    >>>Any more ideas ?
    >>>
    >>>Charlie

  5. Re: Last Request before my last meal !!!!!

    If you login with the Backup Exec Service Account ID, can you map a
    drive to the share you're attempting to backup?

    Charlie Warner wrote:

    > I assume from the lack of response to my previous message that none of you
    > out there can help me !
    >
    > No worries, I must now go and find my handgun !
    >
    > Charlie

    > I know I know, this has been mentioned by numerous people before !
    >
    > However, I have tried all of the suggestions and I am still having problems
    > with 3 of my NT Servers. Other servers work ok.
    >
    > All servers are in different domains, backup user exists in all domains with
    > the same password.
    >
    > error message is as follows :-
    >
    > Unable to attach to \\NOTESHUB\C.
    > The item was not found.
    >
    > ^ ^ ^ ^ ^
    > Unable to attach to \\NOTESHUB\C.
    > ^ ^ ^ ^ ^
    >
    > Any more ideas ?
    >
    > Charlie

  6. Re: Last Request before my last meal !!!!!

    I had the same problem. I could see all of the files on the
    remote server in the Selection screen, but when the backup ran I
    received the error mentioned below. In an attempt to resolve the
    error, I tried to remove the remote server from the backup
    selection list. BE7.3 politely asked me for a login and
    password, I entered the domain\account and password. Once I
    entered the domain\account and password I thought I would give
    the backup another try and I have not had and trouble since.

    Hope this helps, good luck.

    Rob

    --
    Robert W. Downard