Problems connecting administration shares - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on Problems connecting administration shares - Veritas Backup Exec ; Hi! I have Backup Exec v.7.3 installed on MS Terminal Server. When I'm trying to backup files on remote server I've got an error message: Access denied. Unable to attach to \\Server\D$ Everything is fine with C$. There is an ...

  1. Problems connecting administration shares

    Hi!
    I have Backup Exec v.7.3 installed on MS Terminal Server.
    When I'm trying to backup files on remote server I've got an error message:

    Access denied.
    Unable to attach to \\Server\D$
    Everything is fine with C$.
    There is an error message in Event Log:
    Event 1219
    Credentials supplied conflicting with current set of credentials.

    Everything worked fine until today.
    I believe that it is NT problem, but may be you will help too.

    Thank you,
    Stephen

  2. Re: Problems connecting administration shares

    "Credentials supplied conflicting with current set of credentials."
    Normall, this means that you have already access a resource, and are
    trying to connect with a different use/id. With backupexec, it normally
    means that whoever is logged on to the NT console has mapped the drive,
    and then BackupExec has tried to connect with his ID/Password.

    (Never having used Terminal Server, I don't know if this will occur if
    any of the Users have mapped the share, and left it mapped)

    Stephen Zweig wrote:

    > Hi!
    > I have Backup Exec v.7.3 installed on MS Terminal Server.
    > When I'm trying to backup files on remote server I've got an error message:
    >
    > Access denied.
    > Unable to attach to \\Server\D$
    > Everything is fine with C$.
    > There is an error message in Event Log:
    > Event 1219
    > Credentials supplied conflicting with current set of credentials.
    >
    > Everything worked fine until today.
    > I believe that it is NT problem, but may be you will help too.
    >
    > Thank you,
    > Stephen

  3. Re: Problems connecting administration shares

    Stephen,

    I had the same problem here with one of our file and print servers. It cannot
    connect to the D$ drive but it connects to the C$ drive. Spoke to Veritas
    on this and they have no idea as to what's going on. It worked once and
    then it failed right after I got off the phone with the tech. (what timing,
    eh?).

    Try disabling the NT Accelerator Agent, if your running it, and try the backup.
    I don't know if it works yet but I'll know for sure tonight. NTAA is such
    buggy software to begin with that I'm surprised that it's survived numerous
    version upgrades.

    Regards,
    Ben
    "Stephen Zweig" wrote:

    >Hi!
    >I have Backup Exec v.7.3 installed on MS Terminal Server.
    >When I'm trying to backup files on remote server I've got an error message:
    >
    >Access denied.
    >Unable to attach to \\Server\D$
    >Everything is fine with C$.
    >There is an error message in Event Log:
    >Event 1219
    >Credentials supplied conflicting with current set of credentials.
    >

    >Everything worked fine until today.
    >I believe that it is NT problem, but may be you will help too.
    >
    >Thank you,
    >Stephen

  4. Re: Problems connecting administration shares

    It's not about acceleration agent.
    I've tried to stop it & nothing happens.

    I've found out that when you disconnect entire computer with BE installed
    from the server using server manager, it works for some time. But than it
    happens again. And sometimes it doesn'work at all.
    So I've created new shares for disk D and it works fine with it.
    I think that something is wrong with IPC$ connection.

    "Ben A" wrote:

    >Stephen,
    >
    >I had the same problem here with one of our file and print servers. It

    cannot
    >connect to the D$ drive but it connects to the C$ drive. Spoke to Veritas
    >on this and they have no idea as to what's going on. It worked once and
    >then it failed right after I got off the phone with the tech. (what timing,
    >eh?).
    >
    >Try disabling the NT Accelerator Agent, if your running it, and try the

    backup.
    > I don't know if it works yet but I'll know for sure tonight. NTAA is such
    >buggy software to begin with that I'm surprised that it's survived numerous
    >version upgrades.
    >
    >Regards,
    >Ben
    >"Stephen Zweig" wrote:
    >>
    >>Hi!
    >>I have Backup Exec v.7.3 installed on MS Terminal Server.
    >>When I'm trying to backup files on remote server I've got an error message:
    >>
    >>Access denied.
    >>Unable to attach to \\Server\D$
    >>Everything is fine with C$.
    >>There is an error message in Event Log:
    >>Event 1219
    >>Credentials supplied conflicting with current set of credentials.
    >>

    >>Everything worked fine until today.
    >>I believe that it is NT problem, but may be you will help too.
    >>
    >>Thank you,
    >>Stephen

+ Reply to Thread