Macintosh agent - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on Macintosh agent - Veritas Backup Exec ; I have a multiple server version on Nt4 server (sp5). File services for Mac is up and running OK, but Bent ( 7.3 ) does not see the mac agent, nor do I have the Apple-talk option on the Tool ...

  1. Macintosh agent

    I have a multiple server version on Nt4 server (sp5). File services for Mac
    is up and running OK, but Bent ( 7.3 ) does not see the mac agent, nor do
    I have the Apple-talk option on the Tool menu? Any ideas?

  2. Re: Macintosh agent

    You probably need to install/run Services for Macintosh on your NT server.

    "Steve Koya" wrote:

    >I have a multiple server version on Nt4 server (sp5). File services for

    Mac
    >is up and running OK, but Bent ( 7.3 ) does not see the mac agent, nor do
    >I have the Apple-talk option on the Tool menu? Any ideas?

  3. Re: Macintosh agent

    Since you didn't mention it: Have you installed the backup agent on the Mac?
    (newest version at support web site)

    "Steve Koya" wrote in message

    > I have a multiple server version on Nt4 server (sp5). File services for

    Mac
    > is up and running OK, but Bent ( 7.3 ) does not see the mac agent, nor do
    > I have the Apple-talk option on the Tool menu? Any ideas?

+ Reply to Thread