Unix Agent on Linux Red Hat 6.0 - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on Unix Agent on Linux Red Hat 6.0 - Veritas Backup Exec ; I've been trying to install the unix agent on linux redhat 6.0.The installation went without any problemes, i've checked the log and everything seems in order, but my Backup Exec Server (version 7.3, Build 2575) does not see the unix ...

  1. Unix Agent on Linux Red Hat 6.0

    I've been trying to install the unix agent on linux redhat 6.0.The installation
    went without any problemes, i've checked the log and everything seems in
    order, but my Backup Exec Server (version 7.3, Build 2575) does not see the
    unix agent...what could be wrong?

  2. Re: Unix Agent on Linux Red Hat 6.0

    Manuel Eiras wrote:

    > I've been trying to install the unix agent on linux redhat 6.0.The installation
    > went without any problemes, i've checked the log and everything seems in
    > order, but my Backup Exec Server (version 7.3, Build 2575) does not see the
    > unix agent...what could be wrong?

    I've just set it up successfully, so it _does_ work!

    Have you added your BE server to /etc/hosts?

    192.168.1.1 server.bluetree.ie server

    Check that the agent is configured to advertise to the server
    in agent.cfg:

    tell server
    tell_interval 30

    Later,
    Kenn

  3. Re: Unix Agent on Linux Red Hat 6.0

    It looks like a name resolution issue add the unix box(name IP address ) in
    your winnt\system32\divers\etc\hosts
    Is it a multiserver edition you are using
    check if your linux version is supported and last but not least here is the
    current version of the linux agent

    http://support.veritas.com/menu_ddProduct_BEWNT.htm

    BE__AGNT_229925.TAR Jun 16, 2000 1,219Kb Agent - UNIX Agent v5.023
    for BENW & BENT (LINUX Support)

    Manuel Eiras wrote in message

    > I've been trying to install the unix agent on linux redhat 6.0.The

    installation
    > went without any problemes, i've checked the log and everything seems in
    > order, but my Backup Exec Server (version 7.3, Build 2575) does not see

    the
    > unix agent...what could be wrong?

+ Reply to Thread