unix agents don't start - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on unix agents don't start - Veritas Backup Exec ; I run unix agents on Linux and Solaris computers in my office. They do not start running when the system boots up. The initilization script is called in the third run level. It executes the agents. They write to a ...

  1. unix agents don't start

    I run unix agents on Linux and Solaris computers in my office.
    They do not start running when the system boots up. The
    initilization script is called in the third run level. It
    executes the agents. They write to a log file, then die. They
    are not alive when the system boots up. The initilization script
    "agent.init" works properly when called from the command line. I
    have tried putting a "nohup" argument in the line of the script
    that executes the agents. Any suggestions?

  2. Re: unix agents don't start

    There is a new UNIX agent that resolves this problem. Call VERITAS tech support.

  3. Re: unix agents don't start

    It would be interesting to get the logs and the init file from the agent
    and run the agent manually in debug mode.

    David Raines wrote in message

    > I run unix agents on Linux and Solaris computers in my office.
    > They do not start running when the system boots up. The
    > initilization script is called in the third run level. It
    > executes the agents. They write to a log file, then die. They
    > are not alive when the system boots up. The initilization script
    > "agent.init" works properly when called from the command line. I
    > have tried putting a "nohup" argument in the line of the script
    > that executes the agents. Any suggestions?

+ Reply to Thread