OFO must be 10% - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on OFO must be 10% - Veritas Backup Exec ; I cannot back up some partitions on my server without getting the error message that OFO requires 30 meg and 10%. There is less than 100 meg on a 4 gig volume and I have give the program full permission ...

  1. OFO must be 10%

    I cannot back up some partitions on my server without getting the error message
    that OFO requires 30 meg and 10%. There is less than 100 meg on a 4 gig volume
    and I have give the program full permission to the volume and everything
    on it. I have increased the size to 99% and the total volume size is less
    than 20 meg. I have read the tech notes but no help yet. Any ideas???

  2. Re: OFO must be 10%

    We were receiving the same error, we this is what we did:

    - created a fixed static volume location on a 25GB volume with only about
    4GB used
    - set our % used to 98%
    - changed our intial static volume size to 100MB
    - changed our incremental to 30MB

    Since we have done this, we have not experienced any problems. We had to
    play with these settings a few times to get it to work properly, but so far
    we have gone two weeks with no OFO errors. Hope this helps.

    Jason

    "Jim Wilson" wrote in message

    > I cannot back up some partitions on my server without getting the error

    message
    > that OFO requires 30 meg and 10%. There is less than 100 meg on a 4 gig

    volume
    > and I have give the program full permission to the volume and everything
    > on it. I have increased the size to 99% and the total volume size is less
    > than 20 meg. I have read the tech notes but no help yet. Any ideas???

+ Reply to Thread