7.3/IDR disaster recovery won't install on remotes - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on 7.3/IDR disaster recovery won't install on remotes - Veritas Backup Exec ; Hi, I have a multi-server 7.3 NT 4.0 server install with the IDR option which has he IDR option installed. I was able to sit at the back server itself, and create an IDR disaster recovery diskette set with no ...

  1. 7.3/IDR disaster recovery won't install on remotes

    Hi,
    I have a multi-server 7.3 NT 4.0 server install with the IDR option
    which has he IDR option installed. I was able to sit at the back server
    itself, and create an IDR disaster recovery diskette set with no
    trouble.

    I cannot seem to create the IDR diskette set on any other servers, even
    though they have the agent accelerator installed and can be backup up
    normally.

    I spoke to Veritas sales and they said I only have to buy 1 IDR license
    in order to create IDR capabilitieson many servers in my multi-server
    licensed LAN. I've reviewed the help files and I'm doing what they say.

    The error I get when I select the server to make the IDR disk set from
    is "Backup Exec not installed on remote server".

    Any ideas? Thanks!

    Kelly Brady

  2. Re: 7.3/IDR disaster recovery won't install on remotes

    Don't you have to install the remote administrator on each server
    in order to install IDR for that particular server?
    Kenneth T. Spann MCSE+I

    Kelly wrote:
    >Hi,
    >I have a multi-server 7.3 NT 4.0 server install with the IDR option
    >which has he IDR option installed. I was able to sit at the back server
    >itself, and create an IDR disaster recovery diskette set with no
    >trouble.
    >
    >I cannot seem to create the IDR diskette set on any other servers, even
    >though they have the agent accelerator installed and can be backup up
    >normally.
    >
    >I spoke to Veritas sales and they said I only have to buy 1 IDR license
    >in order to create IDR capabilitieson many servers in my multi-server
    >licensed LAN. I've reviewed the help files and I'm doing what they say.
    >
    >The error I get when I select the server to make the IDR disk set from
    >is "Backup Exec not installed on remote server".
    >
    >Any ideas? Thanks!
    >
    >Kelly Brady

  3. Re: 7.3/IDR disaster recovery won't install on remotes

    You only need to create one set of disks. Once you run a FULL backup of
    each server, with the agent accelerator installed, a machinename.dr file is
    created on the BE server and in an alternate dir if you specify one. You
    copy the DR files to a diskette for use during recovery. The DR contains
    all the info needed to get a mini copy of NT running along with your
    partition information.

    You only need to run the IDR setup on the machines where the BE engine is
    installed.

    "Kelly" wrote in message
    > Hi,
    > I have a multi-server 7.3 NT 4.0 server install with the IDR option
    > which has he IDR option installed. I was able to sit at the back server
    > itself, and create an IDR disaster recovery diskette set with no
    > trouble.
    >
    > I cannot seem to create the IDR diskette set on any other servers, even
    > though they have the agent accelerator installed and can be backup up
    > normally.
    >
    > I spoke to Veritas sales and they said I only have to buy 1 IDR license
    > in order to create IDR capabilitieson many servers in my multi-server
    > licensed LAN. I've reviewed the help files and I'm doing what they say.
    >
    > The error I get when I select the server to make the IDR disk set from
    > is "Backup Exec not installed on remote server".
    >
    > Any ideas? Thanks!
    >
    > Kelly Brady

  4. Re: 7.3/IDR disaster recovery won't install on remotes

    No, remote admin doesn't have to be installed on the remote server in order
    to do remote IDR. I'd check 2 things, 1) Is the latest version of the BE
    agent installed on the remote server (i.e. at the same release level and
    build level as the server) and 2) if you look in the job, is BE using the
    agent and capturing the IDR information?

    "Kenneth T. Spann" wrote in message

    > Don't you have to install the remote administrator on each server
    > in order to install IDR for that particular server?
    > Kenneth T. Spann MCSE+I
    >

    > Kelly wrote:
    > >Hi,
    > >I have a multi-server 7.3 NT 4.0 server install with the IDR option
    > >which has he IDR option installed. I was able to sit at the back server
    > >itself, and create an IDR disaster recovery diskette set with no
    > >trouble.
    > >
    > >I cannot seem to create the IDR diskette set on any other servers, even
    > >though they have the agent accelerator installed and can be backup up
    > >normally.
    > >
    > >I spoke to Veritas sales and they said I only have to buy 1 IDR license
    > >in order to create IDR capabilitieson many servers in my multi-server
    > >licensed LAN. I've reviewed the help files and I'm doing what they say.
    > >
    > >The error I get when I select the server to make the IDR disk set from
    > >is "Backup Exec not installed on remote server".
    > >
    > >Any ideas? Thanks!
    > >
    > >Kelly Brady

+ Reply to Thread