service hung - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on service hung - Veritas Backup Exec ; I'm getting a event error 7001 in NT4.0 event viewer. "The Backup Exec(TM) 7.0 Server service depends on the Backup Exec(TM) 7.0 Device & Media Service which failed to start because of the following error: After starting, the service hung ...

  1. service hung

    I'm getting a event error 7001 in NT4.0 event viewer.

    "The Backup Exec(TM) 7.0 Server service depends on the
    Backup Exec(TM) 7.0 Device & Media Service which failed to start
    because of the following error:
    After starting, the service hung in a start-pending state.

    I have tried to uninstall and reinstall the software, have even tried to
    upgrade to
    7.2, but nothing will help.

    Anybody have any suggestions, please email me at mike@dataeclipse.com

  2. Re: service hung

    I too have exactly the same problem on a new installation.

    "Mike" wrote:

    >I'm getting a event error 7001 in NT4.0 event viewer.
    >
    >"The Backup Exec(TM) 7.0 Server service depends on the
    >Backup Exec(TM) 7.0 Device & Media Service which failed to start
    >because of the following error:
    >After starting, the service hung in a start-pending state.
    >
    >I have tried to uninstall and reinstall the software, have even tried to
    >upgrade to
    >7.2, but nothing will help.
    >
    >Anybody have any suggestions, please email me at mike@dataeclipse.com

  3. Re: service hung (Problem Fixed)

    I was able to fix the problem with a little help from seagate and this
    news group. I just downloaded and upgraded to the latest MDAC drivers
    from Microsoft.

    "Mike" wrote:

    >I'm getting a event error 7001 in NT4.0 event viewer.
    >
    >"The Backup Exec(TM) 7.0 Server service depends on the
    >Backup Exec(TM) 7.0 Device & Media Service which failed to start
    >because of the following error:
    >After starting, the service hung in a start-pending state.
    >
    >I have tried to uninstall and reinstall the software, have even tried to
    >upgrade to
    >7.2, but nothing will help.
    >
    >Anybody have any suggestions, please email me at mike@dataeclipse.com

+ Reply to Thread