how to backup from one disk to another - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on how to backup from one disk to another - Veritas Backup Exec ; Hi, Can anyone tell me if you can basically replicate one disk (raid) to another disk on another machines disk (raid). Both machines are identical. I have backup exec 7.3 multi server edition running nt4 service pack 6a....

  1. how to backup from one disk to another

    Hi, Can anyone tell me if you can basically replicate one disk (raid) to
    another disk on another machines disk (raid). Both machines are identical.
    I have backup exec 7.3 multi server edition running nt4 service pack 6a.

  2. Re: how to backup from one disk to another

    This function is not supported by BENT, unless you mean to
    backup to tape and then re-direct the restore to another server/drive.

    "Mr. Potato Head" wrote:

    > Hi, Can anyone tell me if you can basically replicate one disk (raid) to
    > another disk on another machines disk (raid). Both machines are identical.
    > I have backup exec 7.3 multi server edition running nt4 service pack 6a.

  3. Re: how to backup from one disk to another

    Veritas have a seperate product called Replication Exec for doing this. We
    are starting to evaluate it for just this very thing, keeping two raid sets
    in step. We currently use backup and restore, but when you'r talking about
    90GB of data, it's taking around 20 hours per night (?) to do this. Other
    vendors have other products.

    Ken McNulty

+ Reply to Thread