Device Name Incorrect - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on Device Name Incorrect - Veritas Backup Exec ; Hello. I have a problem with my BENT 7.3. I am using a HP SureStore DAT24x6 Autoloader with device config as follows: SERVER_NAME>>CHANGERS>>HP1>>HP0 and slots (on the same tree level.) We have been running backups for quite some time now, ...

  1. Device Name Incorrect

    Hello. I have a problem with my BENT 7.3. I am using a HP SureStore DAT24x6
    Autoloader with device config as follows: SERVER_NAME>>CHANGERS>>HP1>>HP0
    and slots (on the same tree level.) We have been running backups for quite
    some time now, and the default device we use is HP0.

    Now, for some strange reason, the default device is HP1. When the jobs run
    now, they default to HP1, show successful, but I get no result (tape has
    not been labeled, only get . I am communicating with the
    autoloader, but not with the correct device number. Any suggestions as to
    how I can get my jobs to use HP0 instead of HP1, and possibly WHY this happened
    all of the sudden?

    Thanks much!

    Mark Kretschmer
    kretsch@ohm-eng.com

  2. Re: Device Name Incorrect

    Mark Kretschmer wrote:

    [...]
    > autoloader, but not with the correct device number. Any suggestions as to
    > how I can get my jobs to use HP0 instead of HP1, and possibly WHY this
    > happened all of the sudden?

    Did you change something on the SCSI config? Did you change the device
    because of an defect or something like that?

    bye

  3. Re: Device Name Incorrect

    "Mark Kretschmer" wrote:

    >Hello. I have a problem with my BENT 7.3. I am using a HP SureStore DAT24x6
    >Autoloader with device config as follows: SERVER_NAME>>CHANGERS>>HP1>>HP0
    >and slots (on the same tree level.) We have been running backups for quite
    >some time now, and the default device we use is HP0.
    >
    >Now, for some strange reason, the default device is HP1. When the jobs

    run
    >now, they default to HP1, show successful, but I get no result (tape has
    >not been labeled, only get . I am communicating with the
    >autoloader, but not with the correct device number. Any suggestions as

    >how I can get my jobs to use HP0 instead of HP1, and possibly WHY this happened
    >all of the sudden?
    >
    >Thanks much!
    >
    >Mark Kretschmer
    >kretsch@ohm-eng.com

    I don't know if this will help you or not but it seemed to work for me.
    I stopped and started all the sevices a few times.

+ Reply to Thread